₅.₇

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

It's a bit easier to sleep nowadays.

You thought that it would get harder, especially with your anxiety surrounding your evaluation, but after Hoseok took you to that dance circle, it's almost as though he ignited the beauty, the passion you used to find in art. It made you feel almost whole again, complete. That even while the world may change and your life isn't completely in your control, this love for music will forever stay true. It's a comfort, and while the nightmares haven't completely gone away, it's easier.

Just a little bit easier to sleep.

However, if anyone else was in your shoes and heard someone moving around in their kitchen at six am in the morning when you weren't expecting anyone, and you have the only copy of your key...

It would be quite jarring even if your sleep was peaceful.

Your heart pounds violently within your chest, you swallow hard as you gingerly pull yourself out of bed, making sure to make no noticeable noise. Once your feet touch safely on solid ground, you let out a small breath, before freezing once more as you hear footsteps begin to walk slowly toward your door. Frantically searching for a weapon, anything to defend yourself with, you hardly have time to grab a curling iron from your desk before the doorknob begins to turn, and a male voice beginning to sound from the other side.

But before he can get even a word out, you're already poised and ready for the split second your eyes catch sight of his face, a mere blur of pale skin and tousled black hair before you're swinging the curling iron with as much strength as you can muster.

The good thing is, your aim wasn't so far off, even though your eyes were closed tightly shut. It was enough to knock the intruder to the floor, a platter clanging violently beside him.

The bad thing is, the intruder isn't an intruder at all.

"Ah, Yen, what the hell?!"

And as you open your eyes, and catch sight of him lying on the floor, egg yolk trickling down the side of his face, grape jam and butter spread all over his pajama pants, and bacon hanging over his eye in its greasy glory. Which he takes quick care to remove before fixing you with the same glare he's been wearing ever since you hit him.

"Jaejin?!"

◃⊱◐⊰▸

Jaejin wishes Namjoon wouldn't find as much joy as he does at the sound of his friend's utter pain and humiliation. It only prompts him to tighten the current eyepatch he wears over his eye, hoping that could at least tame the shameful feeling but to no such luck.

"So she's the one who gave you that shiner?"

Jaejin rolls his eyes, turning his face from his friend in blatant disapproval.