chapter 7

AUSTIN

“Hello?”

“Hey Alexis. Its Austin.”

“Um hi.”

“Hi. I uh just saw your interview on Ellen. Congrats on your new album. I didn’t know the label signed you.”

“Um thanks.”

“Your welcome.” I said. After that there was an awkward pause.

“So how are you?” she said after a while.

“Im great. How are you?”

“Doing good. I don’t mean to sound rude or anything but why are you calling?”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“You haven’t talked to me since the day we broke up. Why are you calling me now?”

“I don’t know honestly. I was watching the interview and I just remembered something and I wanted to talk to you. Its good to hear your voice again.” I said.

“Oh okay. Yeah you too.”

“Listen, I really wanna talk to you, but I wanna do it in person. Can we meet up for coffee or something tomorrow?”

“I don’t know. Tomorrow I’m supposed to be doing a duet with someone.”

“Who?”

“They haven’t told me yet.” She said.

“Oh well. Another time then.”

“Sure. I gotta go. Bye.”  She said quickly before hanging up the phone.

“Uh bye?”

I looked at my phone and called Dave.

“Whats up Austin.”

“I need you to do me a favor.”

“What?”

“Alexis is recording a song with someone tomorrow but she doesn’t know who. Is there any chance that we could make it so I could be the one doing the duet with her?”

“Yeah about that.”

“What?”

“You kinda are the one doing the duet with her.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I said a little louder than I should have.

“Because we know the history between you two.”

“And why didn’t you bother to tell me the label signed her? Or that she was famous?”

“We thought you knew.”

“Why would you think that?”

“You grew up together. We figured you’d know what her voice sounded like.”

“No. she never sang for me. I knew she liked to but that’s it.”

“Oh well. Surprise. Be ready to go by 9.”

“Okay. Bye dave.”

“Later.”

I tossed my phone on the couch and laid down.

-the next day-

Once we got to the studio I looked around for Alexis but there wasn’t any sign of her.

“Calm down. She’ll be here.” Alex chuckled.

“I know but I haven’t seen her in two years and I” I stopped when I saw Alexis walk through the door. She looked so different  from the last time I saw her, well even in the interview she didn’t look like this. Back then she had long blonde hair. She hardly wore any makeup and she had a really unique style. (old alexis: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=60181660) Now her hair was a little below her shoulder, was almost white, had blue tips, and a black streak. And she was wearing a bright red tank top with a black leather jacket, black ripped skinny jeans and combat boots. And her makeup was really different. (new alexis: http://www.polyvore.com/alexis_new_style/set?id=60181246#stream_box  and her hair look like this: http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=zaxHmLYwWdVk0M:&imgrefurl=http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollections5/avantgarde8.htm&docid=RurZC615qQGamM&imgurl=http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollections5/tom8.jpg&w=384&h=500&ei=15RrUOWELujPigLslICQAg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=235&sig=111872465538155068601&page=1&tbnh=137&tbnw=110&start=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:80&tx=82&ty=76&biw=1366&bih=487    sorry I didn’t realize how long the link was haha)