Chapter 27

(Austin)

I woke up the next morning feeling happier than I ever had in my entire life. I’ve probably said that a few times but this beat everything. I looked to my right and saw Alexis was sound asleep. I smiled and started running my fingers through her hair. I stopped after a couple of minutes and got out of bed. I walked over to the kitchen and started making pancakes and eggs. I still couldn’t believe that she said yes. It sounds bad but I thought that she was going to say no. I meant it though, what I said to her before I proposed. Everything about love and it lasting. What can I say? I’m a hopeless romantic. I would do anything to make her happy. I could not wait to be married to her. It was all I ever wanted since we fell in love. I loved her ten times more than I loved singing and my fans combined. Despite how happy they made me, nothing could ever replace her. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t notice Alexis walk in until she was right next to me. She put her head on my shoulder which caught me off guard and made me jump.

“Holy jeez.” I said holding my hand to my heart.

“What?”

“You scared me.”

“Sorry.” She giggled. “I didn’t realize that you scare easy.”

“I don’t.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah” I nodded.

“Then why did you jump?”

“Because you snuck up behind me and didn’t say anything.”

“I said ‘good morning’ and I said your name 3 times.”

“I didn’t hear you.”

“Yeah I kind of figured that out.”

“How?”

“Well you didn’t turn around or answer me.” She said.

“So you just decided to come up next to me and put your head on my shoulder and scare me?”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to.”

“It’s fine.”

“Let’s start over.” She said and walked away. I turned my attention back to the food on the stove.

“Morning.”

I turned around and smiled.

“Well good morning sleepy head.”

“Sleepy head? It’s only nine.” She chuckled.

“Yeah yeah yeah. You ready for breakfast?”

“No.” she shook her head.

“No? Why not?”

“Because.”

“Because what?”

“You should know.”

“I really don’t.”

“Think about it.” she looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

“Ummm”

“Come on.”

“Just tell me please. I really don’t know what.”

“You didn’t kiss me good morning. You always kiss me when we wake up.”

“Oh yeah.” I leaned in and kissed her cheek. “Sorry babe.”

“Hmmm. I forgive you.”

“Do you really?” I asked.

“Yes.”