chapter 9

(SIDE NOTE: I KNW I SAID THAT THIS TAKES PLACE TWO YEARS LATER S THAT WOULD MAKE THEM 18. BUT I DIDN’T WANT TO DO THAT SO I CHANGED IT TO BEING A YEAR LATER. SO THEY ARE ACTUALLY 17. I WAS GONNA GO BACK AND CHANGE IT BUT IT WAS TOO HARD TO DIG THROUGH ALL OF IT. ANYWAYS. ENJOY.)

Chapter 9

(AUSTIN)

Right when I finished the song I saw Alexis leave the room. She probably didn’t want me to see her cry. Even though I have like a million times before. I remember the first time I ever saw her cry was when we were 12. I mean I saw her cry when we were younger, but it was serious that time. Her father was in the war and when he went to check a place out, he and his team didn’t make it.

-5 years ago-

“Austin! Alexis is here!” my mom called from downstairs.

“Coming!” I called back. I shut off the TV and went downstairs. “Bye mom I’ll be back later.”

“Are you two going to the park?” she asked.

“Yeah.” I said as I shut the door. “So how’s your summer been?” I asked.

“It’s only the fifth day Austin.”

“Yeah and?”

“Nothing. It’s okay. I mean I haven’t done anything. My dad comes home in a few days.”

“Alexis that’s great!”

“Yeah. I’m really excited.” We hung out at the park for about an hour and she got a call from her mom. Her mom sounded upset o we went back to her house.  When we got there her mom brought us both inside. I saw a man in a uniform standing there so I knew it had to do with her dad. He introduced himself and then explained what had happened. There was a bombing at the site the team went to and none of them made it. After the guy left Alexis broke down into tears. It was the first time I had ever seen her like that. I put my arms around her and she crawled into my lap and cried on my shoulder for at least an hour. I rubbed her back and her head. From then on things changed. She knew she could let her guard down around me. The next time she cried was at the funeral. I stayed by her side the entire time and hugged her when she cried on my shoulder. When it was over we walked to the park and sat on the swings.

“Austin?” she said quietly.

“Yeah?”

“Promise me something.”

“Anything.” I said. She took my hand and looked me in the eyes.

“Promise me that you’ll never go off to war or anything related to it.”

“I promise.”

“And promise me that no matter what happens, you wont leave me or stop talking to me. I cant lose the only other guy that means the world to me.”

“I promise. Never in a million years could I stop talking to you. I would never hurt you.”

“Thank you.”

-Present-

“Okay Austin. That’s a wrap for today.” My manager said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Okay thanks.” I grabbed my phone and opened the door. Before I walked out into the hallway I stopped because I overheard the two of them talking.

“Alex he cant know.”

“I already told you that I never told him.” Alex whispered back.

“He cant know.”

“I know.”

“If he does, who knows how he would react.”

“I don’t know.” Alex sighed.