Fried Rice

This chapter is dedicated to BerryChanLovesJam and Genissis_23 thnx for reading!

I collapsed onto my bed, today had been pretty stressful and I was exhausted. I really wanted to curl up into a ball and just go to sleep, but sadly I was too busy to be able do that. I need to research some of the deaths in the investigation so I could keep myself one step ahead of everyone else as well as figure out what was wrong with Matsuda and why he couldn't remember me.

"Hey Mirai! Dinners ready!"
Angela called to me from the kitchen. Did I mention that we were roomies? Once we'd graduated from highschool I suggested that the two of us should be roomies to save money. Angela agreed so for the past few years we have shared a small, two bedroom apartment in Melbourne. Usually there would be no way one of us alone could afford it, but together we managed to get by.

I got up and walked into the kitchen, Angela was just putting dinner on the table when I entered. Angela and I usually take turns making dinner, well that was the idea anyway, I'm a terrible cook so I kinda just order some pizza or whatever and make it look like I tried. Today Angela had made fried rice, my stomach grumbled and I suddenly realised just how hungry I was.

I sat down at the table and quickly shoved a large spoonful into my mouth.

"Careful, it's hot,"
Angela warned as she sat down across the table from me.

"Ah-ah-ahhhhothothothothot!"

I got up and raced to the kitchen sink and drank a full liter before the heat left my burnt mouth.

"You could have told me it was hot!"
"I did,"
Angela said calmly, sipping her Earl Grey tea slowly,
"But you ignored me."

Ouch.

"Yeah well maybe next time you could tell me sooner, just a suggestion."

Angela rolled her eyes and continued to eat her rice, which I have to admit was actually pretty good. I sat down and cautiously poked at it with my fork, don't judge me, this stuff is pretty dangerous. When I was satisfied that it wouldn't set my entire mouth on fire again I began to quickly devour it.

"Hey Angela,"
"Yeah?"
"What do you think of the investigation so far?"
I asked her.
"Hmm,"
She placed her cup of Earl Gray Tea down slowly,
" Well I have to say I'm not exactly sure what to make of it. None of it adds up, we don't even have any suspects or anything."
"Yeah, even I know that. I think we should go to the actual town where people disappeared and ask around this first hand."
I suggested, but Angela just shook her head,
"They've already done that, going there would just be a waste of time."
"Yeah, but what happens if we are in the town at the time another kidnap occurs? We could be there within minutes and be the first to analyse the scene, we might even see the criminal leaving!"
"Just because we are in the town at the time the criminal kidnaps someone doesn't necessarily mean we will hear about straight away. And even if we do, we don't know the area, we could take a while just to find the place, let alone get even glimpse of the criminal. This isn't a cop show, this criminal is far smarter than that if they've managed to kidnap so many."
"You may not know the area, but I sure do."
"What do you mean?"
"Oh come on, don't you remember? Before I moved schools and all I used to live there. I know that place like that back of my hand!"
"Yeah, but how many years-"
"It's settled then! Tomorrow I'm going to ask Roszilla if we can go check it out."
"I don't even want to know how you managed to come up with a nickname like that for her."
Angel muttered under her breath, facepalming whilst I simply grinned.