Apples

Guess who's back? *awkward silence* Umm....yeah that was a rhetorical question.....anyway....so there's another chapter, sozz I've been so slack with them lately. Don't worry, I'll come up with a lame excuse by the end of this chapter :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat at the edge of my seat tapping my fingers anxiously, waiting for the task force to arrive. Mentally I made a list of everything I knew of the whole ordeal so far, adding anything I may have forgotten to add to my conversation with Ł. Watari would soon also be here with Matsuda, apparently Matsuda knows the other detectives in the task force, just doesn't remember not me.

Whatever.

My head jerked up at the sound of a knock at the door, snapping me out of my thoughts and back to reality, or at least whatever kind of anime-like-reality this was meant to be.

"Come in."
Ł said in his usual monotonous voice that gave away not even the slightest hint of emotion. A group of grown men entered the room who I recognised to be the task force from all those years ago.

"Mirai? Is that really you?"
Aizawa, who had entered the room first exclaimed,
"But how? Where have you been-"
"Sit down and we'll explain everything."
Ł said, not bothering to turn around and face the group. They nodded and walked around to the couches and sat down. Matsuda, who had arrived last with Watari, sat down next to me, waving. Although I doubt he had any idea what was going on right now. I guess he's always been kinda clueless like that, but he's dedicated, that's what's gotten him this far.

"Alright, shall we begin?"

****3 hours later****

After 3 hours of discussing what had happened and possible theory's and explanations the meeting drew to its end. I feared that we hadn't gotten any closer to the truth though. If we really were travelling through realms then was it possible to control it?

"I've got it."
Matsuda suddenly said, his eyes lighting up like he actually had something useful to say for once.

"What is it?"
I asked, curious.
"Apples."
"Apples?"
"Apples."
I think that amnesia's really getting to his head.

"I'm sorry, I don't follow."
Some of the members rolled their eyes, packing up their laptops and notepads to conclude the meeting.

"No, let me explain. Before you were explaining all that stuff, you also mentioned the Shinigami realm when you were briefly outlining the Kira investigation to me."
"What does this have to do with the matter?"
Aizawa asked, looking annoyed and ready to go home.
"There are three realms we know of, this one, Mirai's and the Shinigami realm. Since Shinigami's are so old then shouldn't they at least know something about all these realms and how they work? That on, Ryuk, seemed to know a lot, why not ask him?"
"But, like you said, he's in the Shinigami realm right now. How are we meant to get him to come down here and talk to us?"
"Apples."

Matsuda, for once you finally said something intelligent, congratulations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a lot of thought I have finally come to the conclusion of who Ł was in his past life.

Batman.

Yup, Ł is pretty much the anime version of Batman, I mean, come on, take a look at this list:

- He is conveniently rich
- His true identity is a secret, to the public at least
- He is smart (Batman is....I think)
- He has heaps of tech
- His greatest Rival is The Joker aka Light(which you could probably gather from all the crazy fits of laughter Light breaks into throughout the story)
- He has ninja skills....oh wait....screw that Ł is a ninja
- This is probably overall the most important point......Ł has a butler

So yeah, I wasn't updating coz I was contemplating who Ł was in his past life, is that a lame excuse? Yeh or Nah?