Clues

"Thankyou for that Miss Rai, but we've already concluded that the criminal mind or minds associated with the disappearances of these people were going to move onto the next town, making the efficiency of this task force vital. Let this be a reminder to everyone that we cannot waste away our precious time repeating ourselves. Does anyone else have anything they'd like to share."

I heard a few of the detectives in the task force chuckle, I sat back down in my seat fuming, cursing the old hag.

"Ah Mirai? Are you ok there?"
I turned to see that Matsuda was looking at me, crap I must have been staring at my desk for a while, now he really must think I'm mental.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?"
He shrugged,
"You looked pretty angry, that's all."
I blushed a little, had I really looked that angry? Great.
"You know, personally, I don't think it was fair of her to say that, yes we knew of the possibility the criminal would move to another town, but we hadn't yet noticed how the kidnapping started in the town's centre or how it seemed to slowly be expanding outwards.."
"Um, thanks..."
"Yeah, if you want this weekend we could go down to the town and have a look around. So far very few of the detectives here have actually been anywhere near the town. Going would give us a better understanding of the place and a chance to interview the residents."
"Ok then, thanks!"

Even if Rozilla won't acknowledge my input, then at least Matsuda will. Finally we are actually getting somewhere with this investigation!
☮⌨