Chapter 14

Grace had a foolish look on her face, staring at the busy-moving servants, maids and Sally

Grace had a foolish look on her face, staring at the busy-moving servants, maids and Sally. Just when they went out of the bedroom, Grace yelled at Sally, who was smiling beside her, "Sa-Sally! Why, why did you do that?"

"What? Do what?"

"Telling them to make all that into dresses and shoes! And jewelry! H-How can I get all that!"

"Oh madam, what are you talking about? Madam, your husband is the Emperor's maternal cousin and the best knight in the Empire, Duke Arthur Felix, and you're surprised with just this amount of dresses and shoes? You deserve something more precious than this!"

"...I think it's a little too much, though. Sally, one dress would've been enough..."

"What do you mean one dress is enough? Now that you are officially recognized as Duchess of Felix at the wedding party, you will receive invitations from the royal family and nobles! Do you intend to go to all those parties in one dress?"

".....would people really invite me?"

"Of course, they will!"

Sally snorted back at Grace's timid rebuttal. Grace wanted to refute that for so many nobles who wanted to invite her, she would have to stay in this mansion long enough to attend so many parties in the first place, but she shut up.

Perhaps because she thought her persuasion worked, Sally smiled proudly and pulled Grace's hand.

"You're convinced now, aren't you? Now, now. Stand with your arms spread out. Let's get the measurements right now to make the dress."

"Oh, okay."

"Then, I'll get the measuring tape quickly! Stay still!"

At the sight of Sally pulling her arm with a very excited look, Grace eventually rose from her seat and spread her arms. Sally ran to the dressing table, jumping slightly. Grace looked at her, as if she were dumbfounded, and soon grinned.

It was just about dressing her up, but Grace was grateful to see Sally excited and cute, acting like this was her job.

***

As she spent time trying on dresses and shoes made by tailors, finding accessories to suit her body, time flew quickly and the morning of the wedding party dawned. Grace got out of bed earlier than usual, took a bath with Sally's help, and changed into a light, rosy satin dress.

She sat on the chair in front of the dressing table. Sally brushed Grace's hair on and threaded a silk rose decoration. Then, with a cautious touch, she clasped a diamond necklace around her neck and said, "Oh my, you look so beautiful."

"That's a big compliment, Sally."

"What do you mean by a big compliment? I'm sure everyone thinks a goddess has descended."