Chapter 44

❅─────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅ ❅─────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

The next morning, Grace woke up first before Sally came to wake her up.

Considering what happened last night and the fear that occurred, she should have failed to sleep a hundred times, but strangely, she fell asleep deeply last night without even dreaming.

Maybe thats why, with a fresh body that doesnt feel tired at all, Grace woke up and greeted Sally, who came to wake her up.

As always, diligent and attentive Sally entered Graces bedroom with a silver bowl of hot water and a light breakfast on an old tray.

Sally, who opened the bedroom door with a slightly coy face, apparently argued with the Alberton mansions servants for hours to prepare for the same morning breakfast as she did at Felixs mansion. She came smiling lightly at Grace, who was already awake and sitting.

Good morning. Did you sleep well last night?

Yes. I slept without even dreaming.

Oh, thats a relief. Honestly, I was worried if I could leave Madam alone and go back to my bedroom yesterday. No wonder, you didnt look good last night.

Saying that, Sally observed Graces face with a worried gaze. At that friendly gaze, Grace responded with a feeling of warmth in her heart.

I know. I thought so, too, but strangely, I slept comfortably last night.

Really?

Yes. Maybe it was because I slept in this bed after a long time, or maybe because I exercised, so I slept well.

Sallys expression hardened when Grace hinted at last nights events like a joke on purpose.

She then frowned and said to Grace, as if she didnt even want to recall last night.

It was not a workout, It was almost like a midnight escape.

Haha, is that so?

Im not going to ask why you made me lie and make me look like youre in the bedroom, and for what reason did you run around the Alberton mansion. Im sure youll tell me everything when the time comes. But please promise me you wont do this again. Do you know how scared I was yesterday?

Im sorry, Sally.

If something like that happens in the future, just ask me to do it. Utilising your subordinates well is one of the great virtues that a Lady should have.

Sally gave a series of admonitions and raised Grace sitting in bed with an awkward look.

After that, Sally, who naturally led Grace to the old dressing table, spoke to Grace as if to change the slightly heavy atmosphere.

Then, how should I do your hair today? Should I expose your neck like last night?

[T/N: I guess the hairstyle Sally is talking about is like braiding all the hair to one side which will expose her neck.]

Ummm. Well?

Just tell me. Even if you say you want your head to be decorated like a fairy, I will follow your wish.

Grace burst into laughter at the sight of Sally speaking while swinging the comb in her hand like a magic wand.

It was an act that seemed to ease Graces mood. She didnt have to do that at all, but she still did. Sallys advice a while ago was valid, and Grace felt good enough to accept it.