Chapter 60

Thank you for your support and donation!ヽ(✿▽)ノ
❅─────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅ ❅─────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

"Then, on that day, what I did must have made you regret it."

"No. That's not true. As I said that day, I believed you would come to catch me. I also felt guilty about leaving Leon, who followed me unconditionally."

At that, Grace immediately shook her head and said.

"But more than anything else, I didn't leave because I love you, Arthur. Now that I love you, I can't leave no matter what anyone says."

"Grace!"

"So now I don't want to run away. And I will fight against the terrible curses ghost that haunts you and Leon, and I'm ready to point a knife at the people behind it. I'm now more afraid of leaving this place and breaking up with you than to be cursed to death or go crazy being by your side."

"..."

"What do you think? Its not enough to die once and come back to life, and even a selfish heart that ignores Leon's pure kindness and uses your curse to live. Don't you think I'm just as much a monster like you? Therefore..."

So it was when Grace was about to tell him that he had nothing to be sorry for and he shouldn't call himself a monster because he is only a beloved Arthur to her, rather than a monster.

Arthur, who was still looking at Grace with wet eyes, stretched out his arms and hugged Grace's body tightly. Then he spoke to her in an emotional voice.

"No, madam. You are so beautiful and courageous that a person like me can't dare to wish for someone like you."

"What do you mean a person like you? It's already too much for me to have someone like you."

"Please forgive me for thinking, even for a moment, that my heart for you is bigger than yours for me."

"Yes, I'll gladly forgive you."

Grace replied, digging into Arthurs arms as if she had waited for it.

The two of them hugged each other for a while and enjoyed each others body warmth. After a while, Arthur, who gently dropped Grace in his tender arms, looked at her with affection and said.

"Can I dare to ask you a favour?"

"What is it?"

"Please take off this mask with your own hands so that I can reveal everything in front of my wife."

"Arthur's mouth, pointing to his mask and asking her to take it off, was awkwardly stiff, perhaps shy."

Grace smiled a little, as his words seemed similar to the confession he made on the day when they first felt and confirmed each others feelings.

When Grace just smiled like that, Arthur grabbed Grace's hand holding her back and placed it on top of his mask. At that urging, Grace stopped smiling and slowly reached out towards Arthur's masked face.

Thump, thump.

It was simply taking off the mask, but strangely, her heart was beating loudly as if it had stuck to her ear.

Grace swallowed dry saliva involuntarily, barely holding the mask with her trembling hands, and then removed it from Arthur's face.

Soon after, the mask covering Arthur's face fell under her hands, revealing the face of Duke Arthur Felix under the bright moonlight shining inside the greenhouse.