Chapter 29

Royse crossed his arms. "What brings you here?" He asks.

"I should be asking you that."

Royse was about to make a snarky comment but decided against it when he sees Amy's expression.

"Something happened."

Amy pursed her lips. "It's best if we talk about this inside."

Royse nods and retreated inside the shed. Amy followed after and closed the door behind her.

"Care to enlighten me?" The younger male asked as he stood in the middle.

"The city was attacked by monsters."

Royse widened his eyes in surprise. Seeing how he didn't feel any headache back in the base meant that what happened in the city was part of the game plot.

Royse scoffed as he glared at his friend. "At least give me a heads up that something like this would happen." He states.

From fighting the man to this, Royse knew he was easily irritated due to all the events that happened this evening.

"Before you go and scold me, give me the chance to finish explaining." Amy refuted as she returns the glare.

"There are two reasons why I haven't told you of it."

Amy rose her index finger. "One. The incident in the Emor. Considering it happened, I had guessed that the attack would be held back." Amy rose another finger. "And two, the attack was supposed to happen a few weeks from now."

"I see. So it didn't go to schedule." Royse replies.

Amy nods. "That's right." She pursed her lips. "If I'm being honest, I wasn't expecting the attack to happen in our timeline."

The younger male frowned. Staying silent, he lets his friend finish.

"This event is the start of Catherine's downfall."

Silence engulfed the atmosphere. Royse frowned as he took in his friends' expression.

"You see, the reason the attack had happened was because of a demon."

Royse stiffened. He recalls the time Amy told him the plot and paled.

"You mean everything has started?!" The younger male rose his voice, alarmed at the revelation.

If he thinks about it now, before he left his home, he had sensed that something unleashed. He assumed that it was regarding the underground group, that's why he chose that moment to leave so he could investigate.

That meant he was wrong.

It also made sense why he didn't stumble upon any monsters when he travelled in the forest.

He ruffles his hair in irritation. "Everything's suddenly moving fast." He snarled.

Royse hears his friend sighing. "I know. I thought we'd have a few days of rest before all this happens. Seems I was wrong."

"Still, the mystery remains. Since the demon is on the loose, who will be its victim?" Royse bit his nail as he gazes on the floor. "Is it people who are jealous of either of us or is it still Catherine?"

Amy frowns. "It's possible. They choose anyone, so long they can feed on a person's desire."

Catherine was just recovering and now she was already in danger?! At this point, it seemed as if the plot was targeting Catherine!