Chapter 33

Royse bit his nails.

This was weird.

Amelie was avoiding him and Elsie. Every time he comes closer to her, the blond would rush off elsewhere.

Royse could easily find her, but if he tries to force her for answers, then it might make their situation worse.

The best option would be to wait for Amelie herself to be the one to tell them in her own accord.

But the question is, when will she?

The redhead paced around his room and strode towards his bookshelf. He traced the books and documents with his index finger and tried to search for any information regarding Amelie's family.

When he saw the family record book, he grabbed it and turned the page according to the letters.

Finding the name, he checks the reference numbers and grabbed the listed file that held information about the family.

And to those that wondered how Royse took hold of these resources, the credits would be given to his dear butler Mark. And convincing the butler in getting this was no easy task, Royse had to retort in using his highnesses as a reason and for the purpose of knowing his business clients.

Royse puts down the book and grabbed the folder. He checked its contents and skimmed through it.

The redhead furrows his brows.

The information it held was something he was already aware of. The family history, their businesses. What he didn't know much of was the death of the late Baron Caddel.

Apparently, as stated, was caused by a bandit ambush.

He checked the rest of the papers in the file and saw no clue. But he did notice the papers about Isthia.

Removing it from the file, he reads the words and sees the achievement of the Laurier's youngest.

Royse puts the paper down and grabbed the book earlier. He searches for the next name and proceeded to grab the file of the Laurier family.

He flipped through the pages and found the history of the youngest daughter of the family.

Born as a lightning wielder. She was the assumed breadwinner of the family ever since she showed her talent at a young age, but when the oldest daughter married into the Emor family, it gave the Laurier family enough support.

While on the other hand, Isthia was wedded to the Caddel family.

Royse checked the professors that Isthia studied with. Familiar names were recorded and made him realise that Isthia was given the best of best for her education despite the Laurier family's financial situation.

He continued to check the papers and saw more documents about the time when the youngest Laurier was attending the academy.

Everything about her report spoke praises. The achievements listed, her contributions, everything about her was the ideal student.

Reading this, Royse was starting to realize what type of person Isthia was.

But why was there bad blood between the sisters?

He decides to search about Anna next and tried to find anything helpful. He didn't expect to see the stark difference in the number of Anna's papers compared to Isthia.

Her knowledge was not given attention. No achievements were listed, and most of all, no attribute.

Royse was slowly connecting the dots.