Chapter 8

(Warning, the chapter contains hunting of an animal, graphic description mentioned.)

Chapter 8

"Haaaa~ I'm so tired from all the work!" I stretched my arms. Papers were scattered all over the desk. Mark-san starts to pile them neatly and put away the materials.

"You can say that. Hey Mark-san, can we have snacks at the Gazebo?" Satoru asks as he stands up and stretched his limbs.

"Yes Satoru-sama." Mark complied.

It's been 5 years since I got transported to this world. I told Mark-san about Satoru seeing that he was spotted by Mark on the day the inn opened.

I couldn't keep it a secret from him and so I explained that I hired 'Amy' and that 'she' will be disguised as a boy whenever meeting with me. I also explained that 'Satoru' will be 'her' name while disguised as a boy.

Mark believed me and agreed with the idea. Which was quite rare for him too.

We were now outside taking a break.

"I hope the peaceful days last." I state in my former language as I drink my tea.

"I can relate. You're in a much tough predicament than me though." Satoru nonchalantly stated.

I sighed.

Indeed, unexpected things have been happening. Not only were there problems that came from outside that's affecting the story, the two targets...

When I told Satoru about it, he replied that he knew from the start when he first saw me but decided to see how I would take action first. He admitted it became worse from what happened.

It started a year and a half ago. Everything was going smoothly, that is until I was caught up in an accident.

It was something none of us expected.

"You are scheduled to attend the annual hunting." Mark announced as he takes the stack of papers from my desk.

"Oh yeah, it's that time of the year. Will I be able to join father at hunting this time?" I ask as I look up at Mark.

"I am uncertain if you will be able to participate." I look at Mark in skepticism from what he said.

"Haven't I been showing amazing progress at swordsmanship and archery? And I'm quite sure it will be beneficial for our reputation." I reasoned.

"One will agree, but it will be Master Albert's decision whether to allow the young Master." I look at Mark irritated as I puff my cheeks.

A knock was then heard. Mark looks over me for permission. I nod and Mark heads over to open the door. We were surprised to see our maid with the two Princes' behind her. The maid backed away, making way for the twins.

"Greetings your Highnesses." Mark bows at the two. "I apologize for the lack of preparation. We were not informed of your arrival."

"It's fine. We wanna see Royse if it's possible." Henry stated.

Now this was a surprise. The two would always notify us if they were visiting. Mark opened the door wider to let the two enter.

The two examined the room, surprise and amazement were evident in their expressions. Of course, this is the first time they've entered my office. It made me feel smug about it. Although they must have a bigger study room than this, but who cares.