Chapter 36

Royse teleported inside Amy's room in the middle of the night. His sudden appearance took his friend by surprise who happened to be awake and was reading a book on her bed.

The lady crossed her arms.

"You do know that trespassing in a lady's quarter would deem you a pervert."

The redhead rolled his eyes. "Please, as if you didn't come barging in my room without permission." He replies back. Royse sighed and stared at Amy. "Look, I'm not here to joke around."

Amy placed down the book she was reading and stood up from her bed. She leans on the wall as she studied the redhead's expression. It was something she was well familiar with.

"Bad news I assume."

Royse pursed his lips as he silently nods.

"Amelie is the victim..."

Amy widened her eyes at the information.

Of all people, Royse's friend had been the one to fall instead.

She already knew how Royse was feeling.

"How did you find out?" She asks, straightening herself and walking towards her shelf to prepare some tea. It was something she decided to put in her room knowing the chances the redhead would visit her so suddenly.

Like now.

"Just this afternoon." Royse took a seat on the couch and sighed. He allowed himself to delve deeper into the soft cushion. "She was already acting weird when I joined her and Elsie."

Amy hummed, recalling Royse joining his friends back on campus. "So at that time, she was already possessed?" She continues while brewing the tea and preparing the cups.

The redhead nods despite knowing the ombre-haired girl couldn't see him.

"Yeah. I paid it no mind at first but it became evident when they were sparring."

Royse could hear the clacking of utensils. Amy was silent, allowing Royse to continue.

"She was more bold, confident and don't get me wrong, it's nice that she is but it wasn't for the good." He furrows his brows as he remembers their interaction. "Amelie seemed as if she was challenging me."

Amy finally finished her task and placed the tray on the coffee table. She took a seat in front of her friend and sipped her tea as she listened.

Royse took his share before continuing.

"Something happened when I was with you guys in the council room. Elsie and Amelie were the ones to fight each other in the last round." The redhead further deepens his frown as he remembers Elsie's state back in the infirmary.

"You can already tell that Elsie suffered quite a lot."

Amy nods and gazed at her friend in concern.

"Are you ok?"

The redhead breathes out a laugh. "I'd be lying if I said I was..." He stared at his reflection on the cup. "I'm the reason why she became like that after all..."

It wasn't an error from the story itself. Royse was the one responsible for her to become possessed.

His presence led that to happen.

The ombre-haired girl frowned as she studied his grim expression, knowing how guilty he was feeling as of now.

Silence engulfed the room. None spoke as they were thinking about their current situation.