Chapter 45

Citizens screamed as they run.

Children cried as explosions continuously erupted. Many discarded their belongings and ran towards where the knights were directing.

The ground shook when another blast was sent towards the city.

Smoke circulated. Fire spread and engulfed the buildings. Parents carried their children as they make their escape.

A lady screamed when she sees the building collapsing over her.

A lightning bolt travelled towards her and clashed with the falling debris. It shattered into dust and dispersed.

The lady found herself being carried. She looks up and saw a light blue-haired male save her.

He placed her down on the path. "Are you hurt?" He asks.

She shook her head and trembled. "Thank you..." She whispered.

The male nods. "Hurry to the evacuation site."

The lady immediately fled the scene.

Knights continued to shout and run towards the building to search for trapped individuals.

The male gazed at the surroundings. His hands trembled as he was reminded of the incident in his home.

He gasped for air as he tried to calm himself. He clenched his teeth and grabbed his arm, squeezing them as he removed his thoughts.

"Juli!"

He opened his eyes as he hears the voice. He turns his head and sees his brother making way towards him.

When he stopped in front of him, he frowned. He immediately knew what was wrong.

He placed his hand over Juli's shoulder. "Fight it. Remember father's words." He states. Moran gazed at his brother's eyes as he watch him try to regain himself.

Juli pursed his lips as he slowly nods.

His breath returned to a stabled rhythm and his shaking disappeared. "Where are the others?" He asked.

Moran shook his head. "I don't know. I assume we're quite far from one another guessing by how our earpiece won't work." He replied.

Juli frowned.

As they made their escape from the academy, they saw the sphere a while ago continue to grow. They could hear Royse and Amy converse and knew they had a plan in mind on how to stop it.

They watch as the academy continued to collapse as they travelled towards town. They suddenly saw a beam of light and knew Royse and Amy was busy with their job.

After a few minutes, they suddenly saw the sphere moving. It was suddenly descending. Everyone became anxious but widened their eyes when they saw a weird purple aura surrounding the sphere.

It reduced its size before disappearing into oblivion.

Everyone held their breath for a moment.

"That must've been Royse." Carl spoke as he narrowed his eyes.

Rohesia smiled in relief as she looks down on her lap. "Thank goodness they succeeded..." She murmurs.

William frowned. "But it is still not the end. It will only become further difficult starting now." He reminds.

The redhead rose her head and realized that they still had a job to do. She nods, recalling the next plan they had.

The passengers frowned when they hear an explosion. They look back at the window and saw a line of smoke coming from where they came from.