14 : You are My Gift

Tick tockTick tockTick tock

Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock

Ugh.........
"Shut the fuck up" I whispered exasperatedly while looking at the Black clock hanging on the wall.

I was nervous.
Nah.......

I was FREAKING THE FUCK OUT.

It's similar to the time I sat for my 10th Boards Exam.

My heart was palpitating loudly.
Hands sweating.

Why?

Because I was standing in my Kitchen at 11:45, freaking out.

Again, Why?

Because I was baking a cake for Haans.
Well, it was baked and decorated already, given I had been working in here for the last 3-5 hours. I was just adding the final touches.

I was horrible at kitchen stuff.
The only thing I and Haans knew to make, that required COOKING/ BAKING, was our world-famous Brownies.

But after what happened a few months ago, during the Dare game, I wanted to make something better for him.

It was a simple Vanilla flavor Cake.
But then I felt bad so I upgraded it to Vanilla cake with Lemon buttercream.

But
Then I freaked out if it became too sour or lemony, so I added White chocolate icing just under the first layer.

After all this experimenting, I was freaking out of my mind.

" I've definitely fucked it up. Mumma was right, I shouldn't have acted like Gordon Ramsay and shooed them out of the kitchen. Or better yet, listened to Viki and ordered from a bakery.

But no.
I had to make his 17th B'day, the worst day of his life.

Parents were busy decorating the living room.
Haans isn't dumb, of course, he knows we are preparing his B'day decorations, etc.
All our parents are here, while all our friends are there, except me.
The fact that he hasn't thrown a fit for me not being there is a clear sign.

That's why this cake is even more important for me because he wouldn't have expected this.

Please don't taste bad, please..........
* fingers crossed *

When it was 11:55, I checked the cake for a final time and went to the living room.