28 : Loop

In a loop

In a loop

I'm stuck in a loop of pain, torture, and exuberance. I've been stuck in it for 2 years now, on and off.

Every time I get out of this unfortunate cycle, I pray with all my heart that I don't want to enter it again, yet I keep ending up here.

After every cycle ends, I see him coming closer to realization, than he previously was, and think that this is it, just a little bit of patience, and it's happily ever after.
Just wait a little more, and it'll be all euphoric.
And I wait, because I can wait for him for a lifetime. But that didn't include having to see him with someone else.

Why do I have to go through this?
Why does every time he comes closer, he just drifts apart suddenly?

Why??

I have so many 'why' in my head, yet there's no answer to it.

Just how much pain am I supposed to bear, before I crumble?
What wrong have I done, that I have to repent like this?

As soon as he introduced Kashish to us as his girlfriend, I fell numb.
I didn't even have the courage to put up a facade.

I could see everybody smiling awkwardly, and glancing at me, yet my brain couldn't acknowledge it.

So I got up and walked back inside the house.
I couldn't see it, yet I knew that everybody must be shocked.

I walked into the living room of my house and walked toward the stairs, ignoring Maa and Mumma sitting on the couch.

" Ana " I heard the panting voice behind me.
I stopped but didn't turn around.

" Ana? " I felt his touch on my hand, that was on the railing of the staircase.
I slowly took my hand from under him and started walking upstairs.
I could practically feel his shock.

I heard footsteps running behind me on the stairs, then felt Haans turn me around on the staircase.

He looked concerned and confused, waiting for me to say something.
But I didn't say anything and kept a poker face, well it was involuntary because all I felt was numbness.

He climbed up on the same stair I was on and looked down at me with a frown
" Ana, are you okay? "

" She's just experiencing some headache " I heard Piku say.

" What? Since when? Ana, why didn't you tell me? "
He was worriedly touching my forehead.

When I didn't say anything he got anxious
" Ana, is it painting too much? Wait let's go to your room, you should lie down. "

He took my hand in his and just as he was about to take me upstairs, I tugged him downstairs, to the living room, with me.

" Ana? Baby, you need to lie down. " Haans said, but I paid no heed to it and laid back on the couch.