Chapter 11: It's Official

We came to a house made of glass. Inside it was warm and filled with statues made of the white stone. There where fountains all over the place pouring into floor; which was a very shallow pool of water.

      "There you all are," the Queen was back to the older more regal version of herself that I first met. Although there was a little twinkle in her eyes.

      "You asked for us, your majesty," Kallistê said with a cool tone like her brother's.

      The Queen asked for us? Was I supposed to come?

      "Yes, I thought we might make it official."

      The Queen looks to Drazhan and Kallistê.

      We all know what she means. I don't know why I thought things might be different.

      "Mother and Father will be happy to hear that. Have you sent word or should I," Laurent says with the return of his usual tone.

      "I have already sent word, and they agree that it is time."

      "After the announcement we should have the party out here. It would be a spectacle would it not."

      "I concur, it would be a spectacle. Kallistê perhaps you and your sisters would like to begin preparations. I would like to speak with Thana and Laurent now if I may."

      Everyone else leaves. My mind races to figure out why the Queen would like to talk Laurent and I alone.

      "Laurent your family has expressed their intentions of betrothing you to someone and asked if I had any suggestions."

      She looks at me. All I can do is stand there frozen in shock.

      Why me?

      "They liked my suggestion and have asked Thana if she would accept this proposal."

      Laurent too seems to be in shock.

      "Now we want to keep this between the six of us so as to not over shadow Kallistê and Drazhan's party. Thana, it is up to you to decide if you accept this offer."

      The Queen then leaves us.

      We don't move or talk for some time.

      "So, are you going to accept?"

      "Do you wish me too?"

      "It is up to you."

       "I would not want to accept if you had someone who you wished to marry."

       "That has not been a choice for me for a while now."

      "I see. I suppose I have no reason not to. I will accept your parents' proposal."

      Laurent is still in shock and I am too I suppose. We just stare in disbelief at each other for some time before walking back to the palace.