Prologue

Drishti Sharma, a twenty one year old girl, pretty much of an orphan, because her parents sent her to a boarding school far away from home where she spent all her schooling years and was soon to continue her college in the same town

Her parents were both very strict and harsh in her opinion, they always fought, so she talked to her grandparents telling them about how she hated to see them fighting, her grandparents understood her well and she started living with them in their house until they both passed away and she was again left alone.

Her parents eventually got divorced, father would always travel, so she couldn't live with him and her mother married another man and had two children with him, her half siblings, who dont even know they have an elder sister, all thanks to her mother.

She stopped contacting her parents at all, living her school life to the fullest. But soon her amazing life with all others was hit with the global pandemic. COVID. All of the world was forced to shut their works down and live with their families. But she still didnt go back to her parents. She rented a house, to which her rich father payed the rent online and stayed there.

One day in the lockdown, she heard her landlord's loud volume of the television, going to their room telling them to lower the sound of their tv, she saw they were watching an Indian Epic called Mahabharata. She had heard her grandmother tell her several stories about the epic and characters in it when she was a child.

At first she wasnt much fascinated, but slowly the whole country had a craze going on about the epic. She started feeling intrigued with it. So instead of watching the tv with her lousy landlords, who multiple times invited her to watch it with them, she purchased a book on Mahabharata and started reading it with great interest.

By the end of the month she had read the book three times and she still couldnt get over it. She loved every part of the book. It was phenomenal. But it was not true, in her opinion, she didnt believe that all of that actually happened in real life.

Reading the same book for the fourth time, she halted on the chapter in which Draupadi's swayamvar was to be organised. Her phone beeped, probably a message from her friends as it was her birthday the next day and they might be trying to wish her as it was soon going to be twelve o'clock but she actually had no interest in talking to anyone right now.

Picking up her phone she saw there were two people messaging, and yes her friends. One of them had messaged about getting the same dream again which he used to get all the time and she knew she wasnt going to type the same thing for the millionth time saying that it must be a scene from the movie he watched.
While her other friend was sending the picture of the hand of the guy she bumped into in the market today, Drishti sighed that was the same guy that her friend claimed to have a huge crush on her since their college started but she never saw him or even knew his name.

Setting the phone on silent and keeping it aside, Drishti turned the bedside light off as her eyes started getting heavy and she eventually dozed off, with the book laying open on her chest. She knew it was her birthday the next day but wasnt the least excited about it as besides her best friends there was nobody who even cared of her existence.

And when after having a wonderful sleep she opened her eyes, she couldnt recall the place to be her room in which she fell asleep last night.

She was somewhere else!

*Author's Note*

Its was just the background story guys, real story begins from next chapter but dont forget to vote and comment on this one!