Chapter Seventy Four

*Note*

Can you see the above picture? Tell me how is it??

It took a few hours to reach Indraprastha and now Drishti stood as a married girl at the doorstep of the castle beside her husband, her eyes casted down painfully as she just couldnt believe what her life had come to

Draupadi was the one who was obliged to do all the welcoming ceremonies for the other wife of her husband and it was clear this time she was even more infuriated. Drishti could have tried explain it to her that she had no feelings for her husband and whatsoever but she was tired, of life.

"Step in with your right foot first," Draupadi said shortly moving away after doing everything that was needed, Drishti had her feet in the vermillion as told to do and now had to step in as she did without a single thought, expression or feeling. She was just accepting whatever was happening to her at this stage.

The red imprints of her feet came into view as she moved inside castle while the brothers of her husband welcomed her cheerfully whereas the two ladies were far away from any happiness or joy. Meanwhile Arjun, beside her felt as grim as he could. How could he even fake a smile when he knew his wife beside her was feeling completely different but who would tell him that she was not feeling at all. That function was already dead in her.

The whole family led the newlyweds in the great hall which was apparently waiting for a few more rituals. Draupadi sighed and cleared her throught gesturing the two to sit, "Now, you both sit here and-"

"I dont think we should do anything else now," Drishti interrupted her in a defeated yet annoyed tone, startling everyone with her suddenness, "It is better to call it a day as none of us are actually happy with this, there is no need to fake it and put yourself through this torture Draupadi. I know how you feel."

Draupadi and everybody stared at her slightly shocked with what she just said. It was clear she was fed up and could not take it anymore. She untied the knot in the cloth that held the both of them together while a lot of people could even get a heart attack at that sight.

She avoided Arjun's sorrowful gaze on her as she was already stocked with it for the entire lifetime and right now needed a break. Moving ahead, she ignored as Yudhistir said, "Drishti you cant leave like that-"

Going to her room straight she found out that it was completely empty. Asking a few maids, she got to know that her room was changed and she was taken there.

Entering the new room she had a look around from her spot, flowers and earthen lamps everywhere, infact it was decorated so extravagantly that it irked her slightly with confusion as she remembered passing through other room, which werent decorated like this at all. She spent the whole day alone there after having requested that she wanted to stay alone.

Sitting by the window sill thoughtless and lost, she gathered that it was almost dusk as one of the maids stepped in with her food whom she told to take it back as she had no appetite while another one stepped in with a bundle of clothes setting them on the table in front of the cupboard. Drishti's eyebrows furrowed as she didnt think those clothes could be for any woman and asked, "Whats that?"