Chapter Sixty Nine

"Get married to Arjun

"Get married to Arjun."

Drishti was staring at the floor when Krishna said that and didnt even look up. That was her reaction— nothing. Because there was nothing left to feel now. She could simply accept whatever was happening to her because it was lesser painful than fighting the fate and ending up broken hearted.

"Okay." She whispered. That was it.

Krishna stood up regretfully after a while knowing there was nothing even he could do to protect her from what awaited her. He hated to do that to her. He nodded with a shuddering sigh knowing that the extent to which she was broken was beyond imagination.

He left the room to meet the whole family standing out holding weary looks. Ever since Drishti had come from god knows where, she had locked herself in and hadnt even let anyone talk to her or come in. It worried them extremely.

"What has happened, Govind?" Draupadi asked immediately as she saw Krishna step foot out of Drishti's room while the doors were locked again somehow, "Is she alright?"

"I talked to Drishti about something important," Krishna began looking at everybody, his gaze specially settling at Arjun who was the most worried amongst them, "And I have decided something for her to which she had agreed to."

"What is it Bhratashree?" Subhadra asked as curious as everybody not liking how tensed the whole aura seemed.

"It is my decision as well as my wish for Drishti," Krishna announced, "To get married to Parth."

The silence that prevailed after that was deafening. Everyone stared at one other in confusion while Arjun had completely stopped breathing, "W-What?"

"Will you marry Drishti, Parth?" Krishna asked moving towards him with a hopeful look, "For my sake?"

"Ofcourse, he will Vasudev!" Bheem exclaimed erupting in a cheerful laughter while his other brothers smile some genuinely while some in doubt. Meanwhile the two ladies didnt believe what was actually happening.

"Tell me, Parth, will you?" Krishna attempted once again because afterall men's choice mattered as much as women's.

"Did she agree to it?" Arjun asked again as he believed Drishti could never say yes to marrying him. While it worried him even more now as he couldn't stop thinking what has actually happened that compelled Drishti to take that grave decision. 

"She did." Krishna nodded and it was hard to believe for Arjun and many others. It was all just too out of the blue. Arjun slowly turned towards his wives because he obviously would never agree to anything without their permission. But at the moment he just was too, too confused, what was even happening.

"I-If Govind has decided this," Draupadi said with a crack in her voice, "Then it must be for a reason which is good."

"You say, Parth?" Krishna turned to Arjun again placing a hand on his shoulder, while Arjun still couldnt believe anything, "S-Sure."