Chapter Ninety

It had been a whole week that passed excruciatingly slow, Drishti had been waiting restlessly for her wait to over while hundreds of miles away in the Matsya Kingdom a man dressed as a  woman from head to toe held a piece of parchment in his hand ...

It had been a whole week that passed excruciatingly slow, Drishti had been waiting restlessly for her wait to over while hundreds of miles away in the Matsya Kingdom a man dressed as a  woman from head to toe held a piece of parchment in his hand which was delivered to him by his younger brothers.

Arjun couldnt contain the smile of getting a reply from her finally.

Dear Arjun,

I am glad to know you all are well and I cant wait for you all to return as soon as possible.

I am sorry, I didnt reply to your other letters, I didnt know what to say.

I know you are always worried if I am fine here, trust me, I am. There could have been no better place for me to live. This place, these kids, Govind and your cute little letters make my life much more livable and I am glad of it.

By the way, I have heard, you dress rather peculiarly now. Dresses, jewelries, must be enjoying it, right? I always knew you and jewelries had a connection, though by the time you return I would forever miss the chance of seeing you in your new form but its fine.

Come soon,

Drishti.

Arjun read the letter over and over again until every word was engraved in his memory, like the other six letters he had. This was a response he had gotten after eighteen months and suddenly it had made him the happiest man alive. Total seven letters in fifteen years was his treasure. And the worst part about this letter was that it ended so soon. It was a short one with not many things expressed and he just craved to read more and more from her.

But still he didnt want to put away the parchment at all, as its softness and fragrance reminded him of her. Closing his eyes and holding that letter close to his heart, he could feel as if she was right there. He could almost hear her voice and her laugh, as if she was just twirling around right in front of him like a dance of breeze and vanished just as quickly being blown away as a white misty cloud.

He couldnt resist the urge to read the letter again until after reading it for the twelfth time his gaze fell on the dried out teardrops which were almost gone as if someone had tried so bad to wash them away but they still left their stains there.

A huge part of him pained that she was always trying to mask her feelings now. She had never been genuinely happy in the past fifteen years and before, like she was never acquainted with such a delight called happiness.

Even in the letter it was nowhere mentioned if she was actually happy, she just used those repetitive words to convince him that she is not atleast sad, but she was. He knew, without needing to be told, how she was feeling even miles away. And all he ever wanted was to be there with her. Even if he knew he couldnt assure her that eventually everything will be okay, he just wanted nothing but to hold her hand in whatever she went through.