Chapter Thirty Two | The Portraits

"I bet she must be sleeping because she was really tired yesterday

"I bet she must be sleeping because she was really tired yesterday." Drishti spoke walking alongside Krishna with slumped shoulders after being extremely tired from yesterday's haldi function.

"Just because you are tired doesnt mean everyone must be feeling the same, look." Krishna chuckled pointing at Bheem in lawn who had picked up both Nakul and Sahadev and was spinning both of them mercilessly.

"Damn." Drishti watched the three wide eyed completely stunned. The two made their way to Draupadi's room to meet her as Drishti had been feeling the urge to check on her and her unborn after every hour. Entering the room they found Draupadi folding dozens of clothes with a smile.

"Oh my god, seriously!?" Drishti exclaimed as soon as she set a foot in the room causing Draupadi to stare at her weirdly on her loudness. "What?"

"Its your fruits time and you're working!" Drishti exclaimed while Krishna in the background examined a few apples kept in a large bowl.

"Its barely 'working'-" Draupadi justified but got interrupted.

"Oh please, I would fold these many clothes in the time of two months." Drishti said going to snatch the apple from Krishna which he was almost about to eat and then narrowed his eyes at her grumpily while she sat in front of Draupadi cutting an apple for her.

"You dont have to Drishti." Draupadi insisted when Drishti struggled badly to cut an apple but raised a hand telling her to be quiet "Ofcourse I have to, I'll even become a maid for you."

Drishti snorted at her own remark and Draupadi shook her head smiling, while Krishna had to comment "I am sure you'd look good with a mop."

Before Drishti could retort dramatically the three heads turned to see Yudhistir entering the room, he was probably moving in Krishna's direction with a smile but Drishti interrupted him.

"Where have you been, Jyeshth? Here I am doing what you were suppossed to do." She said in a playful manner but Yudhistir didnt seem to be taking it that way "Excuse me what?"

Drishti rolled her eyes "I mean you were suppossed to take care of your pregnant wife's needs but here you are entering your room like a guest, where have you been?"

"I was busy." Yudhistir said coldly and Draupadi and Krishna exchanged a glance, Draupadi being slightly worried. Drishti scrunched her face "Busy doing what? What's more important than the woman carrying your child?"

"I dont think I need to give you details of what I've been doing, not that you'll understand any of it." Yudhistir said and this time it really felt like an insult to Drishti. He continued in an even more pissed manner "And do you expect me to cut apples?"

"What is wrong with cutting apples?" Drishti stood up defensively holding an apple in her hand "Dont you eat apples too?"

Yudhistir shook his head really disappointedly at her, clearly not having it anymore, "I dont know why am I even wasting my time at you, I'd rather leave." Yudhistir turned to leave ignoring Draupadi calling after him "Arya!-"