Chapter Sixty Four

A week passed and a lot of things happened in Indraprastha after Drishti arrived

A week passed and a lot of things happened in Indraprastha after Drishti arrived. Draupadi gave birth to Bheem's son, Sutasoma. Again Drishti didnt like the giant name on a small baby but again she convinced herself by coming up with a nickname for the newborn.

The next day of Drishti's arrival in Indraprastha, a victorious Arjun returned too and he couldnt help but wonder why was the future girl so sad and quiet, he didnt say it out loud but he was missing the loud and chirpy Drishti.

This time at Sutasoma's birth despite being in Indraprastha not everyone was present. Bheem was instantly informed of his son's birth and was sad that he didnt get to meet him first.

Then there was the other news that both Nakul and Sahadev have gotten married due to a political alliance. Nakul married to a princess named Karenunati while Sahadev married his maternal cousin Vijaya. Both the women had to stay back in their homeland due to Draupadi's condition to all the Pandavas, none of their other wives would live where Draupadi would.

Subhdra was an exception though, but that still didnt mean that Subhdra was freed from all the conditions, from time to time she had go back to Dwarka.

Drishti didnt like whatever was going on, marriages were seen merely as a political association where the people coming into that alliance were barely given any choice or say.

Snowy came flying in the open hallway where Drishti sat the evening time watching the sun set alone. Seeing his owner like that saddened him as well but there was nothing he could do. What she actually wanted wasnt in his reach.

Rotating his head three sixty degrees, Snowy's eyes halted on a person who was seen approaching in their direction. He recognised the man to be Arjun. The one Drishti used to talk about being highly egoistical and rude but it had been a long time since she last talked about him which made Snowy wonder if Drishti had forgotten her hatred towards the man.

Before Arjun could come and sit behind Drishti, Snowy flew away. Arjun watched the bird fly away so abruptly with a shake of head as everything related to Drishti was just so dramatic and interestingly weird.

Turning back to Drishti who was sitting silently alone and didnt even realise that someone came and sat behind her. She was just too lost in her thoughts to care of her surroundings.

He didnt like seeing her like that and it had been a really long time since he had started noticing her happy, bright and soulful demeanor was turning dark and grim. She wasnt being her older self.

"Drishti?" He spoke and saw her flinch, she turned around abruptly and a small smile of surprise tug at her sad face. "Oh Arjun, when did you come?"

"I've been sitting here for a while," He said watching the bags under her eyes, "But you were just too lost in your thoughts."

For a moment her eyes casted down weakly, before she looked up after masking her face with fake happiness, "I was singing a song in my head while watching the sun set so maybe I didnt realise when you came."