Chapter Forty Six

The four Pandavas stood at the main door of the castle of Indraprastha waiting for Draupadi and her son to arrive soon

The four Pandavas stood at the main door of the castle of Indraprastha waiting for Draupadi and her son to arrive soon. All of them had been waiting impatiently to meet the newest and tiniest member of their family, while missing their brother who would have to wait a couple of months more to meet Prativindhya.

Soon the lines of chariots and palanquins started arriving and loud music was played while flowers being showered in their welcome. Instantly Yudhistir rushed towards Draupadi helping her out of the palanquin while all of them gathered.

"Oh look!" Nakul exclaimed as Drishti stepped out as well, "Who has come!"

Drishti went towards them, greeting them cheerfully. All of them met the baby, Yudhistir getting to hold his son first while his brothers argued who would hold him second. They all stepped in, while Yudhistir still held his son, when Bheem was given a chance to hold him, he started crying very loudly.

"You scared him!" Sahadev exclaimed accussingly at Bheem while Draupadi took her son back trying to sush him.

"You are banned from taking him now!" Nakul declared holding a finger up at Bheem also partly pissed that because of him he didnt get a chance to hold the baby.

"Dont worry, Bhrata Bheem, I'll teach you how to take care of Prati, I have been doing it really nicely, ever since he was born." Drishti claimed waving a hand off nonchalantly.

"Prati?" Nakul asked with a confused look, Drishti grinned explaining that the baby's name was too big for him and her tongue always twisted on repeatedly calling him that thats why she decided to give him a nickname which sounded better and cuter and suited him well.

"Thats creative." Sahadev said and Drishti didnt know if he was being genuine or taunting her.

The rest of the day passed in a blur as baby Prati was slightly troubled with a change of place or maybe because of the long journey so he cried most of the day.

A few days passed quite blissfully until it was time for Drishti to finally go back to Hastinapur. Kritika too was eager to go and meet her grandmother, who was been taken care of by the neighbours upon Drishti's special request.

Almost a week after their arrival, a letter from Hastinapur on behalf of Pitamah, Gandhari and Kunti came saying that soon Dushasan and Karn would be arriving in Indraprastha with treats and gifts on occassion of Yudhistir's son's birth, and they would also take Drishti and Kritika back to Hastinapur.

That was one thrilling news for Drishti, getting to know that finally Karn was coming to take her back with him.

She didnt sleep all night long in excitement as finally the wait was to be over.

Snowy flew in through the window coming from Kritika's room, and Drishti grabbed him in a cheerful hug, "Snowy! Do you know how happy I am?"

The owl nodded in an obvious manner, he knew how crazy and insane Drishti could get when it came to Karn. The whole night went by talking to Snowy, Drishti telling him that she was mad at him for spending so much time with Kritika and not her, Snowy had his reasons, Kritika never compromised with his meals, infact she overfed him which Snowy enjoyed a lot.