Chapter 1

Herb's POV:

I opened my eyes slowly as music from a lute filled my head. I rolled over to check the time. 6:47. My alarm did not wake me up. I was supposed to open my shop soon.

I got up quickly and went to my closet to get dressed for the day. Afterwards, I fixed my hair and left my room. Heading outside, I found my roommate in our garden, playing his instruments to the precious plants.

"Goodmorning, Herb!" Clover stops playing and smiles at me.

"Morning-"

"Would you like a cup of tea or coffee before you leave? I can make you one!" He reassures. He's so kind.

"No thank you. Maybe when I get home?" I opened the door to grab my apron that was hanging on the other side of it.

"Alright. Oh! That reminds me, did you hear about the new morning menu at Sparkling's bar?"

"No- I don't pay any attention to that place. I don't drink, you know this, Clover," I explained. He put his lute down and took a minute to think about what he should explain to me.

"Sparkling's bar used to be open from 5pm to 2am, and only sold alcoholic beverages. Now, it's open from 8am to midnight, and they've added different kinds of coffees and tea's to the menu," Clover explained sheepishly.

"What kinds of tea?"

"I don't know. Um, but I was thinking maybe we could go there sometime? How about after you get off work today? 8pm,"

"Sure! I'll see you there then?"

He nodded and smiled. I agreed and left for my plant shop. It wasn't a long walk. Just a block or two. My shop isn't that far away from my house.

When I got there, I checked each plant carefully. They were alright, just a little bit of water was needed. I watered the plants then checked the time to see if I should open my shop yet. I was already 11 minutes late opening, so I went over to the door, and flipped the sign to "open." With a smile, I went back over to the plants, waiting for customers to come buy them.

*Time Skip*

Around time for my lunch break, I had 7 customers looking around the shop. Also, I heard the bell on the front door ring, meaning someone else came in. 8 customers now. More than usual, which is 5 or less. I waited to see if anyone needed help with anything, before I turned around and went outside the back door.

Today, I managed to forget to eat breakfast, and bring a lunch, possibly because I was in such a hurry. I had nothing to do, so I got on my phone instead of eating anything. It wasn't long before I decided to get off break early, partly because someone rang the bell on the counter. I went back inside to see who.

The male cookie had green and white fluffy hair, green eyes, darker skin, and dressed as if he was going to a concert any minute now. I'd recognize that face from anywhere, if anywhere means some of Clover's music albums he bought. And if anywhere means from my friend who used to talk about her boyfriend all the time before I moved to the Vanilla Kingdom.

"H-hello, Mint Choco. What can I do for you?" I smiled.

"Oh god, you know me too-? Why does everyone know me? I'm just a violinist, a classical music player. There shouldn't be this many cookies liking my music and knowing who I am. There's other genre's of music, and underrated musicians like what's her name, Parfait Cookie?, that should get more attention. Anways, can you help me pick out a bouquet of flowers?" He sighed. He seemed embarrassed that I used his name when I spoke to him.

"O-of course! Are they for anyone special, if you don't mind me asking-?" I asked as I stepped out from behind the counter, gesturing for him to follow me over to the flowers.