Chapter 15

Herb's POV:

Once I got to Sparkling's bar, I noticed that both Mint and Clover weren't there.

"Hello," I say as I open the doors.

"Hi Herb!" Cocoa waved at me.

"Um- where's Mint and Clover-?" I asked, walking over to the counter, and taking a seat on one of the stools.

"Oh they're at my house. Practicing a song together or something. Clover told us and Mint that he wanted to play his instrument at that party Mint was invited to,"

"Oh yay!" I exclaimed.

"Hi Herb~!" Sparkling says as he walks over to us 3.

"Hello," I replied.

"How are you today?"

"Oh- I'm good. Thanks for asking," I smiled.

"You're welcome," Sparkling smiled back at me.

"You two should kiss," Vampire blurted out.

"Shut up-" I blushed turned to him.

"No. You're gay,"

"I-"

"Vampire, don't make him uncomfortable," Cocoa sighed.

"I'm not! I'm just saying facts!"

"You're just lonely and bored, and want to see some action," Cocoa sighed again and shook her head.

"Wh- no, Clover not being here doesn't mean anything. I still want those two to kiss,"

"I didn't say anything about Clover," Cocoa laughed. Vampire blushed.

I sighed and turned back to Sparkling, and blushed again when I realized he was still staring at me. He was leaning on the counter, chin in his palm.

"S-Sparkling, I, uh- have a question," I mumbled, and glanced down at the counter.

"Ask away,"

"Why... A-are you always staring at me-? Be honest-" I hesitated. I blushed a little more, then looked back up at him, to find his eyes wide, and his face slightly red. He stood up right and put his hands behind his back.

"Well-" he paused and looked over at Vampire and Cocoa.

"Just tell him!" Cocoa urged.

"I- no!"

"Tell me what?" I asked nervously. Sparkling sighed and shook his head.

"I-it's nothing important,"

"What?! YES IT IS!" Cocoa argued.

"Anyways-" Sparkling turned back to me awkwardly. Then he leaned on the counter again, like usual. Cocoa rolled her eyes.

"Uhm- I'm always looking at you because..." he glanced down at the counter, as he tapped his fingers on it. Then he sighed again, and stood upright once more. He placed both of his hands on the counter. I moved my own hands off the counter and into my lap, to resist the urge of grabbing his.

"I guess I can't really make up any good excuse. So... I just think you're really pretty, and I can't help but
stare. And- I.." He blushed.

"Y-you do?" I accidentally cut him off.

He gently smiled.

"B-but- how do I look pretty to you-?! I look kinda basic, cuz- I dunno, look at my hair!" I glanced up at the mess on my head. I forgot to brush my hair today if I'm gonna be honest.

"Wait what? You think your hair is basic? Look at mine! Long, curly, and brown. Kinda unoriginal. Vampire's too!" Cocoa flipped her hair over her shoulder. My face heated up slightly, and I turned back to Sparkling.