Chapter 12

Sorry but another TW⚠️
Mention of su!c!d3
————————————————————

Sparkling's POV:

It's almost 11. And still netiher of them are here. Now's when we get worried. I thought.

I gave a customer their drink, and they handed me some money as usual. Then I went over to my friends, who looked pretty worried.

"What do you think happened?" Cocoa asked me.

"They're still not here yet- it's been 2 hours since opening-"

"Should we call one of them now?" Mint suggested.

"I mean, that's probably the best," Cocoa pulled her phone out. She dialed a number and put the phone up to her ear. After a few seconds, she pulled it back down.

"No response from Vampire," she announced quietly, dialing another number.

Some cookie across the counter rang the bell. I put on a smile and walked away.

"I'll be right back," I reassured, heading over to the customer. Mint nodded and watched Cocoa as she called Clover I believe.

"Hello~" She giggled. My smile disappeared as she stared into my eyes. I blinked and looked away avoiding eye contact.

"Hello-! What can I get for ya?..."

This cookie was black, with strawberry red eyes, and wine red hair, tied into two buns on the sides of her head. Dangling off those were emerald green leaves. At least that's what it looked like. Her kimono dress and robe covered in pomegranate seeds, reminded me of some kind of ceremonial attire from Japan. In her hand, she held a mirror and another object that was maybe a wand.

"Nothing actually, I just have a question~" She explained.

"I came to the closest public building that was open and interesting to me,"

"Ohhh... kay?" I mumbled and looked back at my friends. Cocoa shook her head and looked over at Mint. I turned back to the cookie in front of me.

"Does a... Clover Cookie, still live in this Kingdom?" She smiled. Her grin looked like she had evil intentions torwards him. I stayed silent, not wanting to answer her. Then my eyes widened. I wonder if-...

She frowned.

"Don't be disrespectful, answer my question,"

"Yes? I think-... Clover may or may not be gone-... and gone as in..." I scratched the back of my head, suddenly realizing that's probably why Vampire is not here.

Her eyes widened and her angry emotion disappeared from her face. A look of guilt appeared.

"And how do you know this? Were you friends with her?"

"Her-?" I repeated, a little annoyed that this cookie misgendered my friend.

"I will be back tomorrow, and you better have an answer to if she's committed or not. I'll be informing my master," she stood up from the bar stool, dissatisfied as she turned and left quickly. I blinked, very confused about what just happened. I shook my head and went back over to my friends.

"Call Herb," I interrupted Mint.

"Wait why? I thought he was at work," Cocoa asked.

"Well did Clover answer his phone?"

"Well no... they didn't..."

"And why do you think Vampire isn't here?" I asked.

"I don't know-" Cocoa said.