8 | eight

All four of us, well three since Mason is in his own little world, have been laughing together and enjoying each others company

All four of us, well three since Mason is in his own little world, have been laughing together and enjoying each others company. Jamie's been telling me childhood stories of Leo. They're quite hilarious and embarrassing for Leo. Sorry.

I learned so far that Jamie, Mason, and Leo have been best friends since they were five and now they're all in their twenties. They've had arguments here and there but worked it out and stuck together. Jamie likes to call themselves the Dream Team. Leo just shakes his head disappointedly at him while Mason just shrugs.

I wish I could stay here forever but good things come to an end. It's currently 3:55 pm and I need to start heading home before my father gets there. I really don't want to get yelled at again for not having dinner ready by the time he gets home.

The whole time I've been at Leo's house, we both have been cuddling together on the Lay-Z-boy. I could fall asleep in his arms. He smells so good.

I sigh and turn to Leo, "I have to go back home now."

He looks at me and I see a bit of sadness flash across his eyes but it's gone as fast as it came.

He nods and removes his arms from around me. I get up and stretch. I yawn and wipe some hair away from my face. Leo grabs his car keys and gets up.

"Mason, make sure Jamie doesn't destroy the kitchen again." Leo sternly says.

Again?

Mason just nods. He doesn't even look in our direction. I'll have to get him to open up a bit more.

Leo and I walk to the front door and head outside. We go down the porch steps, Leo opens the car door for me again like last time and closes it for me when I'm seated in the car.

He gets in as well and starts the car engine. He still looks a bit sad. But why?

"What's wrong?"

He shakes his head, "Nothing, love."

I narrow my eyes at him. "Leo, what's wrong? You look sad."

"I-I just don't want you to go home yet."

I smile at home and take his hand that was set on the center console, and bring it to my lips.

"We can see each other tomorrow after my school ends. Would you like that?" I ask.

He nods and smiles. Then he brings my hand to his lips and kisses each of my knuckles.

"What time do your classes end?"

I think for a second and then respond, "Around 2:15. If that's not too late for you."

"Not at all, my love." He glances at me for a second and returns his eyes back to the road. I start to notice we're getting closer to my house.

We reach my house and he parks in front of it. I turn to Leo and see he's already looking at me.

He leans forward and kissed my forehead. His lips linger for a few seconds longer. He leans back and smiles at me. "I'll see you tomorrow sweetheart."