23 | twenty-three

Seven months later

Seven months later.

I wake up to an empty bed. Where is Leo?

I look over to the nightstand to see a note with my name on it. I pick it up and read it,

My love, I had to go somewhere but you will see me later tonight. Mason is coming to pick you up at 1 PM so be ready.

Love, Leo

P.S. Wear something fancy.

Where could he have gone? And Mason is coming to pick me up? This is a weird start to my morning.

It's 12 pm so I have an hour before Mason arrives here. I slept for quite a while. I quickly head into the bathroom and take a shower. I make sure to shave and wash every inch of my body.

I decide to do something different with my hair today. I use my curler that Alex gave to me saying that she didn't want it anymore and this is my first time using this.

When I get done with my hair, I try not to mess it when I change into an appropriate dress for today.

I put on a black dress with sleeves and a silver necklace that Leo got me for my nineteenth birthday

I slip on plain black heels and wait outside for Mason's car.

I hear the engine of his and he pulls up to the curb and I walk up next to the passenger door and I see Mason lean over and open the door for me.

"Thank you." I say when I settle into my seat.

"No problem." He replies and drives away.

"So, what exactly is happening?" I ask him because I'm completely clueless about everything this morning.

He shrugs, "I'm afraid I'm not allowed to tell you much. You'll just have to wait and see for yourself." Out of the corner of my eye I see him smirk.

I sigh and lean back.