12 | twelve

As I sit here signing papers, my mind travels to Eleanor

She's so beautiful. Her laugh, her smile, her body, her eyes, her lips, everything about her is beautiful.

I miss her already. I didn't want her to go with Mason and Jamie but Jamie practically begged me. He wouldn't stop unless I said yes. I just want her in my arms.

Maybe I'll drive to her house after all of these papers. Maybe.

I sigh loudly and lean back against my office chair.

"What is wrong with you?" Alex asks.

"Nothing." I grumble.

She crosses her arms at me from where she's sitting in front of my desk.

"You miss her don't you?" She smirks.

"Maybe." I mumble.

She laughs out loud, "You are so fucking whipped, bro." She punches my shoulder.

My eyes snap to her in a flash, "Don't bro me."

"Alright, bro." She grins.

I sigh and shake my head, turning my attention back to the hundreds of papers I still need to get through.

I check the clock to see it's 4. They should be back from the arcade by now.

I get up from my chair and collect my keys and phone. Alex looks at me in confusion.

"Where are you going?"

I ignore her and walk out of the tattoo shop. I head into my car and start to drive to Eleanor's house.

Once I arrive at her house, I start to get a little excited. What the fuck is wrong with you Leo.

I exit my car and walk up the porch steps of her house. When I'm close enough to the door, I hear a bunch of glass shattering.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. I know Eleanor told me she only lives with her father but....

The front door is slightly cracked open and I peak inside to see millions of glasses of beer is shattered across the floor. I notice a trail of blood on the floor. I follow the trail with my eyes and I see Eleanor on the ground with bruises and cuts all over her. A man is on top of her, punching her over and over again.

I quickly run inside and push the man off of her. The guy looks at me in confusion. So this is her father. He abuses her. She never told me this.

"Who the fuck are you?!" He yells.

"None of your fucking business, you sick fuck." I say, trying so hard not to kill him right now.

I get on top of the man and I start punching him repeatedly. Feeling anger rising into me. How could a father do this to their own fucking daughter.

I quickly get out my phone and send a message to Jamie.

I turn back to Eleanor and I feel sadness wash over me. There's cuts on her thighs and arms, bruises litter her face and the rest of her body.

I carefully put my arm under her legs and back, picking her up bridal style. I carry her to my car and just when I'm about to put her in, Jamie and Mason pull up.

They both run out of the car and over to me, looking at Eleanor.

"What happened to her?" Mason asks, I can tell he's getting angry. I knew he cared for Eleanor.

I nod my head towards the house and they get the memo. I put Eleanor in the passenger seat. I round the car and get into the drivers seat.

I zoom off and towards the hospital.

My grip on the steering wheel turns my knuckles white, anger boiling in me. I just feel like punching something. I'm mad at Eleanor for not telling me but I understand why she didn't. I hate her father for what he's done to her.

I park in the parking lot and I carry Eleanor inside.

I go up to the receptionist, "I need a doctor." I say, out of breath.

She nods and a doctor comes jogging down the hallway. I hand over Eleanor and more doctors come out to help. I watch as they take her into a room.

I sit in the waiting room and I lean my head against the wall, closing my eyes.

I text Jamie and say we're at the hospital.

They arrive here in less than five minutes.

"Where is she?!" Jamie asks panicked.

"The doctors are taking care of her."

He nods and they both sit next to me. I sigh.

One hour later

A doctor walks up to us with a pen and clipboard in hand, "Hello, my name is Dr. Collins, I'm Ms. Knights doctor. The bruises and cuts on her body weren't severe. They were bad but they weren't severe. They should heal over time. She has one broken rib from all of the punches her stomach endured. You may go see her but she is asleep and won't wake up until tomorrow morning. Her room number is 101" He nods at us and walks away.

I look at Mason and Jamie and they look at me. I get up and walk into the room.

My heart breaks for her by just seeing her in this condition. I walk closer and I sit in the chair next to her bed. She has an iv in her arm and there's bandages on some parts of her. There's stitches on her face.

I move some hair away from her face and I hold her hand.

"I'm sorry my love. I'm sorry I didn't notice." I say to her, I feel something wet on my cheek and I realize that I'm crying.

I lay my head on the bed and I hold her hand tight against mine.

~❀~

I stir in my sleep. I feel something tapping me on the shoulder and I look up to see a pair of big brown eyes staring back at me.

I grin so big, "You're awake." I say in relief.

She points to her throat and I grab a cup of water from the bedside table and I gently bring it to her lips and let her drink.

I set the cup back down and she asks, "Where am I?"

"You're at the hospital, sweetheart." I say and push a strand of hair behind her ear.

She leans into my touch and closes her eyes.

"I'm so glad you're awake." I whisper and kiss her forehead.

I press the button on the wall to call for a doctor.

Dr. Collins comes in, "Is she awake?"

I nod and my love opens her eyes and stares at the man in front of her.

Dr. Collins explains everything to her and Eleanor sits back and listens, nodding her head every now and then.

"She is allowed to leave now." The doctor says and he leaves the room.

"Ready to go home?" I ask Eleanor.