10 - He has a What!

Alexis's POV

"Alright sweet pea, slept well?"

I swear, every time he calls me that, I turn into a freaking tomato. This man is going to be the literal end of me.

"Good night, Will."

"Did he just call you sweet pea, or was that my imagination?"

"No, not your imagination, Chloe. My brother definitely called her sweet pea."

"That's just so cute! Look, Kait, she is turning red just thinking about him."

"I am not!"

Okay, I totally am, but you can't blame me. I have no control over what my body does in response to a hot quarterback.

"Come on, let's watch the movie."

I turned to switch the TV on, but Chloe stopped me.

"Or we could watch the after-game interview."

"Um, I don't think so. Let's just watch the movie."

"Come on, don't you want to see the super hot football players all sweaty after their game?"

Kaitlin looked at me expectingly.

"Fine, but just for a little bit."

"The Lions win 28-20. This is Mark Jacobsen signing off."

"Now for an interview with Will Clements."

"Will! Will, can we get a word? Will, how does it feel winning the first game? Will, how is your relationship with Amber? Will, are you and Amber planning on getting married?"

Amber? Who is Amber?

Chloe looked at me, worry washing across her face.

"Um, who is Amber, Kait?"

Chloe asks a tad too eagerly.

"Oh, just some groupie that Will dated for a few months. Yeah, he broke it off, though."

Broke it off? She makes it sound like he does that often.

"Um, I need some air. Be right back."

"Want me to start the movie?"

Chloe looked at me silently, asking if I'm okay.

"Yeah, don't worry. I'm fine, just need a breather."

When I got outside, the girls were asleep on the couch. I decided to leave them there, grabbing a blanket to cover them.

I'm going to bed. I'll deal with them tomorrow.

***
Will POV
"Welcome back to the Reynolds Show. I'm Lindsey Reynolds, and I'm here with Will Clements, star quarterback for the LA Lions."

"Will, you just won the first game of the season. How does it feel?"

"Well, Lindsey, it was a team effort. I just scored the last point."

"Wow, handsome and humble. Now I see why the ladies love you."

"And speaking of ladies, I think we all have seen your post-game interview, and everyone is wondering the same thing: Who is she, Will? Who is the lucky girl who stole your heart?"

No. I won't reveal her identity just yet, not until she's ready.

"Well, I won't say too much because I know she would have my head when I get home if I did. But if you're watching, sweetheart, I'll wait as long as it takes for you to give me a chance."