35 ◦✿◦ A Song for Silver

I'm sorry for the late updates. I was sick. How extreme? Partly dying maybe. I got sick twice last January (beginning and end) and the 2nd time was worse.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the update.
Lemme know watchu think~~~

Ellena Odde

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Silver?"

Lizzie blinked and the illusion was gone. She turned to the other direction of a new voice, Garth, who was alone. "Where's Luppe?"

It took Garth a second to figure out what she meant. "Oh... Lady Fluvuer." He glanced in the direction of the public garden as if he left a secret. "You saw, huh."

She accepted her brother's arm, as they traced their steps to the hall. With the last glance at the spot near the tree and a promise Honey of food later, Lizzie left with Garth.

"Should we prepare for a Royal scandal?"

Garth lifted his shoulders for a shrug. "I don't think it's much of a big deal, it happens all the time."

Lizzie stopped, just before the gate, so did Garth. "I don't want to assume, but I will still ask anyway-are you and Luppe lovers?"

Garth blinked. "Lovers." He muttered the word in disbelief as if she had told him that they will plunge into war soon with her on the vanguard. Garth opened, then closed his mouth.

"No?"

"No." He flatly said and they resumed their leisurely walk. "It just so happen that I was passing by when she was crying. I was told of her circumstances. It was.... uncomfortable. Women should talk to women. You can tell her things."

"How did you find me?"

"The lights in the center of the garden were bright. Anyone around the palace can tell."

After a few more talks, they reached Luppe, who was blowing her nose in a most womanly manner. She apologized but the siblings waved it off.

And so, the girl talk began. Before Garth could distance himself and wash his hands in the matters of women, Lizzie tugged the sleeves of his coat. The man groaned but occupied what's left of the bench.

Luppe's fiance had an affair with a brothel woman carrying a child. What took them aback was the fact that Luppe pitied the woman and not herself. "To be stuck with Arold who had nothing but a great jawline, poor her."

"Your priorities were obviously not about yourself, but okay," Lizzie said, and patted her back.

"I was somehow fond of him," Luppe added. He also relayed that Arold was stripped off as the main successor.

Lizzie prayed in apology for extorting others misfortune, but she already pounced at the opportunity. "Forget about him. You can find a man with an err... better jawline."

Then Lizzie directed her sparkling eyes to his brothers, the second sacrifice for her plan the next day.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Nordis was in full colors. Banners of the kingdom seal, drawn in cloth and paper hung on the streets and lamp posts like webs.

There was an annual flea market on Berbax Avenue, that would last for a week. The main square had more stalls of food rather than shops with their welcome sign hidden away. At end of Nomkeesin Alley, was a feast of liquors and merry drunk men who had nothing but praises to beautiful women, the kingdom, and the festival.