| chapter twenty three. |

♚ CHAPTER TWENTY THREE ♚

FOR SOME REASON, KONOHA felt something was off. It's been a week, and he still can't speak or even greet Yanagi. He understands he's very busy with his family and school, but he can't even say hello?

Whenever he got close, Yanagi would definitely find an excuse and leave him. There is no longer Yanagi who will unexpectedly appear in his class and ask to feed him, and there is no longer Yanagi who will accompany Konoha to the school gate even though Konoha usually does not want to.

Those habits disappeared like air. And Konoha feels weird. It's strange.

"Sorry, the teacher asked me."

"I have a student council meeting soon."

"Albert urgent me to come home."

"Could it be another time? I'm busy."

It lasted until graduation day. Yanagi had not approached him up until now. Even his classmates and club underclassmen are questioning it too.

Konoha is confused. He was worried. Did he do something wrong?

After the graduation ceremony was over, Yanagi was surrounded by friends and underclassmen. Giving him a gift or even flowers to congratulate his graduation. Konoha didn't dare to approach. He couldn't, the crowd was huge.

"Oi, Naoto!" Konoha came across Yanagi on the phone near the school gate and decided to strike up a conversation with him.

Yanagi turned his head, his gaze cold as if irritated that he was here. Konoha froze. He doesn't understand. What's with him? Did he do something wrong?

"What hap―"

"Konoha, next time, I'm busy," Yanagi cut him off coldly and walked away before Konoha could continue his words.

What? Konoha stared blankly at the air. Konoha? He just called him by his last name?

What's really going on?

○ ♚ ○

The holidays were over, and Konoha was now in the auditorium hall of Fukurodani Academy. With new clothes and a new environment that differs from his old school.

With the principal, who was delivering a lengthy speech. Konoha attempted to pass the time by observing the faces of students who would become his classmates. Especially, looking for the former captain. With his tall stature, he should be a bit stand out, right?