| chapter thirty seven. |

♚ CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN ♚

EVEN WITH TANAKA'S NEW spike style and Tsukishima's war cry, Karasuno lost in this set. And they proceed to the third set.

The game looked intense as usual and both teams were very tight on each other necks. But what really made Yanagi want to laugh was seeing how Kageyama played to evade their block. He's very reckless but still makes a very graceful and precise toss.

And it managed to irritate Shiratorizawa's setter. Yanagi could tell that his tossing accuracy was deteriorating and that he was becoming completely disoriented. And in the end, the former Shiratorizawa's setter took over for him.

The game lasted a long time and was fiercely contested. The Shiratorizawa setter has also been replaced again. He appeared to have refocused and given Ushijima his usual high toss.

"Ushijima-san!" Shirabu gave his usual high toss. And Ushijima was already getting ready to hit it.

Tsukishima jumped. His hands were ready to block. And in the end, he gave another one-touch which was saved by Nishinoya.

"Wait," Kageyama remained silent. He turned to face Tsukishima, who was staring at the fingers on his left hand. "Your finger."

Kageyama approached, noticing Tsukishima's bloody wound on his pinky. And the game managed to come to a halt in the middle of the action. "You must go to the infirmary," he said.

"Don't wanna."

Kageyama frowned, intensely staring at Tsukishima as if commanding him with a look in his eyes. The glasses teen stared back at him intently before letting out a resigned sigh. "Fine."

He turned around, together with Kiyoko who was already preparing to accompany him outside the stadium.

"So, Tsukishima's replacement..."

The substitution whistle blew, and everyone turned to the familiar jump float server, who confidently lifted Tsukishima's jersey number.

"Yamaguchi..."

"Glad to have you on the court!"

"Yes, I'll do my best."

Playing as a middle blocker might be the first official match for Yamaguchi. But that doesn't mean he's an amateur. And the game resumed, Yamaguchi might not be as smart as Tsukishima in blocking Ushijima's spike, but at least he managed to get one touch on the ball which the back zone managed to save.

Also, he's used to playing with Kageyama as his setter, so Kageyama can understand his preferences. Also, it means that if it's Yamaguchi's part to serve, he can give as many jump float serves as he wants.