69

I stood by the main door of my manor alone, holding my bags in my hands. It had been days since I had seen my parents. My head was pounding from dehydration, and my eyes were so swollen I could hardly keep them open. I had cried more times than I thought were possible recently.

"They aren't coming back, are they?" I asked Darby quietly as she stood in front of me. She gave me a sad look. We had grown closer in recent days, after the only sound that filled the manor was my sobbing.

I was grateful for her. She had been taking such good care of me. Better care than anyone else. She made sure I was fed everyday, had potions when I needed them. That I was still taking care of myself. She was giving me the love that I was craving.

"I'm sorry, Miss." she told me. "Darby doesn't like when you are so sad." She grabbed a hold of my hand without warning and apparated us to the train station. Darby gave me one last sad look before she disapparated in front of me, heading back home.

I made my way on to the train and sat inside the compartment that my friends and I always used. I was the first one in here, taking the seat next to the window.

"It was marvelous-" a voice cut itself off. "Jules! You're here early!" Aria chirped as she walked into the compartment. I turned my head to look at her. She stood in the doorway as Blaise stood directly behind her.

"You look like death." He told me, his eyes popping out of his head. I instantly burst into tears, causing Aria to hit him on the chest.

Blaise quickly shut the door behind him, pulling the curtains closed as well. Aria rushed over to me and wrapped her arms around me, looking at Blaise for help.

"My parents left me home alone the entire time." I cried. "I saw them for maybe 5 hours on Christmas Day. They spent more time with Draco and his mother at their manor than they did with me." I sobbed to them. "They wouldn't even take me with them." Aria let out an 'awe' as she squeezed me tighter.

Blaise looked at me with pity. Now he knew that my life was in complete shambles. I had a strange obsession with a cranky Draco, my parents didn't love me anymore, and I was a wreck.

There was a loud knock on the door, causing us to look in its direction. Maggie slowly opened it and peaked her head inside.

"Why do you have the blinds shu- oh." She stopped her question quickly as she saw me in Aria's arms. "What happened?" She asked in confusion, sitting across from us. Dani walked in after, giving us the same look.

"Bad Christmas." Blaise told them quietly, their stares turning into the same pitiful look that Blaise had been giving me this entire time.

"I just want to sleep." I told them in a tired voice, wiping the tears from my face. My breathing was still shaking as I was trying my hardest to calm down.

"Sure. Anything you need." Aria said as she helped me get comfortable. None of them were making me feel any better. I felt like I could cry the entire train ride if I really wanted to.

I laid my head against the seat as I turned towards the window. They all started talking about a random of things, letting me have my space. My eyes started fluttering shut as I felt sleep take over my body.

Aria shook me as the train had come to a stop. My eyes fluttered open as I looked out into the darkness outside the window.

"We're here." She told me softly. I stood from my seat and gathered up all of my things. No one said anything to me, waiting until I was ready to speak to them.

"Yeah, they say he hasn't been to work in a few days. My father said it was awful. Took down the whole house." I looked over at Dani as she talked.

"What?" I spoke for the first time in hours, wanting to know what they were talking about.