"Sometimes A Warm Pancake Cures Everything"

With M/N at the dorm and his things still being collected by Kimiko's bodyguards,the Enhypen members watched pitifully at the slouching figure by the corner that bore no emotion.Sunghoon walked up to him and lifted his chin up to reveal M/N's tear-littered face and puffy eyes "Come on,stand up from here.You might get cold if you stay here,I don't want you to get sick",M/N shook his face but said nothing.Sunghoon who wouldn't take no for an answer forced him to go on his foot and brought him to the couch,he pat his head "You can borrow our stuff for the time being,I'll go get you clothes from my closet and Jay can handle the other things".M/N pursed his lips and stayed silent,Sunghoon bit his lip but still took off to his arm as Jay went to get sanitary products M/N could use.Jungwon moved over to him and hugged him "I'm so sorry you have to loose your family on your birthday,hyung",the boy could only start crying into his neck and stain the idol's white sweater with his salty tears.Jungwon didn't really care about the fact his clothes were getting dirty,all that mattered was he was the shoulder M/N could cry on.

After forcing M/N to get ready for bed,he was beside Niki and already asleep.He faced the wall and didn't move an inch,Niki was reluctant at first but hugged him gently to not wake him "Hyung,we're here for you.Please don't ever feel alone,we'll stay with you the same way you've stuck with us".M/N let out a little 'hmph' at his remark and Niki found it quite adorable,he spooned him as the taller one but didn't kiss him good night - he needed permission first.He heard the door open and saw Heeseung walk in,he looked at him with confusion but understood everything by reading his lips.He smiled at the sleeping fan next to him "Seems like we get to stay with you tomorrow,hyung",the happy idol slowly fell asleep but never dared to let go of the person right next to him.

TIMESKIP

Around 3 in the morning,M/N woke up from a nightmare while the others were still sleeping.His breath was heavy as his eyes were wide open,he tried his best to leave Niki's arms without making a single sound which he did successfully.He tucked the maknae in before leaving the room with his phone silently,he walked to the dining room and sat on a chair but paid no mind to the luggage by the door.He sighed as he looked at his pictures with his parents and brother back at the party,he started crying knowing he just lost the brother that was so happy to see him beaming and his parents who accepted him as a fanboy "I wish I was just the one they killed,not me!Why did my innocent family have to die for my sake?!".He was unknowingly waking the older members of the group and didn't hear the sound of multiple doors opening,Sunghoon bit his lip at the sight before giving Heeseung a nod.He carefully sat next to M/N and pat his head "Hey now,no need to be like that.You shouldn't be like that,you can't tell yourself that you deserve to be in their place either",M/N shook his head as his cries turned into pained sobs.Sunghoon quickly hugged him and rubbed his back,it hurt the idol to see a fan be in so much pain and the wish to take his place instead grew stronger in him the more painful the sobs became.

When the sun had rose and Jay was cooking breakfast with Jake,M/N was asleep on the couch with his head laying on Sunghoon's lap.Jungwon sighed as he kneeled in front of him and caressed his hand "He doesn't deserve to live with this much pain,he's done nothing wrong to get this",Sunghoon pat M/N's head lightly "He may have lost three people that he's been with the majority of his life,but that doesn't mean he's entirely by himself.He has us and his relatives,he won't be handling this burden alone".He smiled when he heard a soft groan "Oh,seems like you're already awake",M/N nodded as he kept his eyes closed "Mhm...I heard your voice,that's why".He sat up and looked like an adorable puppy with his messy hair along with his half-asleep expression,Sunghoon sweetly engulfed him in his arms and pulled him onto his lap.He rubbed the tip of his nose against his as a soft grin was on his face "Puppy Engene,do you want to sleep more?",M/N shook his head before speaking in a child-like voice "Puppy Engene is....is hungry,very very hungry".Jay laughed at the remark "A nineteen-year-old acts like a child when they're hungry,I wasn't taught about dissociative identity disorder in people around that age in Psychology class",M/N pouted "I meant that in a serious context though...hmph".He hid his face in Sunghoon's neck and everyone instantly gave Jay a piercing stare,Sunghoon sweetly cooed as Heeseung stood up to 'wash his hands' "Its okay,he didn't mean what he said".He cupped M/N's cheeks and sweetly looked in his eyes,they couldn't help but smile shyly once their heart started fluttering.However,Jungwon's face displayed only slight frustration as jealousy burned in him.

After Jay got his scolding and Jake finished with cooking breakfast,they were gathered at the dining table eating.M/N was simply eating a short stack of perfectly warm and soft pancakes drenched in syrup,each bite was too delicious that a spark of delight shone in his eyes.Sunghoon smiled at the sight "Slow down,you don't want to choke",M/N shook his head and spoke once the food in his mouth was swallowed "How could a person choke on the softest pancakes he's ever eaten?".Jake choked on his water at the remark but didn't dare spit it out,he swallowed it first before turning red.M/N happily laughed at how adorable their reactions were and went back to his pancakes,he wiped his lips that were smeared with syrup with his thumb but was shocked to see Sunghoon stand up "Hm?".The idol got some tissue paper and cleaned it up "Don't use your thumb,it'll get sticky when you hold your knife",he gently pat the boy's head as a grin was on his face "Keep this up and I'll call you my little baby Engene,I mean it".M/N pursed his lips while dilating his pupils and instantly became adorable "Your little baby Engene?",Sunghoon instantly fell back and covered his red face as his dramatic wails were muffled.M/N turned to the other members and watch their face redden like strawberries,he casually ate his pancake while intentionally not caring about the Enhypen members who were suffering because of his cuteness.

Once they finished eating,M/N was happily playing with Niki and not noticing he was constantly winning.Although his playmate was younger than him by three years,he acted older by letting him win again and again.Niki sweetly smiled when M/N got his hand "Yes,baby Engene?",the fan put it on his head and felt the idol pat it gently.Sunoo crossed his arms as he watched "M/N,are you really nineteen or are you nine?",Niki turned to him with a blunt stare "Hyung,let him be.He sees us as his brother figures,we obviously have to fill his late sibling's place".M/N could feel a tear slip down his cheek as he mumbled "Hanwoo-hyung told me he was indebted to you,that's why I'm acting childish...",Niki looked at him "Hm?".M/N shook his head whilst a small smile was on his face "Nothing,hehe",Niki lovingly cupped his cheeks and kissed his nose "Look at you,killing everyone with your cuteness~".M/N could only giggle at his remark,although a dark truth stayed in his mind.

As he got ready and left Niki's room with outside clothes,he saw that the boys were nowhere to be seen.He thought he was alone at first but the sound of a soft giggle that belonged to multiple people made him think otherwise,he walked to the kitchen slowly and caught the seven members hidden behind the table.He crossed his arm with his eyebrow risen "Were you guys planning to scare me?",Niki nodded "We thought you needed a scare to wake you up,you seemed like you wanted to sleep more".M/N shook his head "As expected from a seven-member idol group that have a adorable cat for a leader,no less",Sunghoon smiled "Y'know,its not like you're going to someone's interment.Why must you wear all-black?".M/N gave him a serious gaze "I'm literally gonna go to my late family's interment,I have to wear no colors",Sunghoon gulped "Ah,right.Sorry for that,I didn't mean to upset you".He sighed "I'll go ahead,I'll be taking a taxi instead",he went for the door and didn't even mind the rushing footsteps behind him.He left and the boys were too late to even bring him back in,Sunghoon rubbed his neck awkwardly as he knew it was his fault he teased their own fan.On the other hand,M/N seemed glad he finally had time for himself.Sure it was a bit wrong of him to wander off on his own,but he knew it would have been more awkward and embarrassing to draw the boys back from their schedule just to visit his dead family.

It wasn't long before the Enhypen members were having their photoshoot and M/N was at his late family's interment,Heeseung was a little worried as he held his phone in his hands.Jungwon went to him with worry "Is something wrong,hyung?",Heeseung nodded "Its about M/N,he hasn't called any of us and that alone worries me.I know it would be rude to compulsively be part of his personal life,but I need to know that he's not crying or being mobbed by reporters".Sunghoon who was nearby caught wind of their conversation and decided to listen in,on the other hand,Jungwon had only one thought in his mind as he sat on a chair and looked at his phone : "I wonder if I should call him or not...."