36| Home

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Home

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 36: Home (Adam's POV)

Early the next morning, we all checked out and left for the airport. 

Yesterday after the wedding and then later the reception party which continued from the wedding, everybody was so exhausted and drunk that nobody had the energy to meet anywhere else. When we got back to the hotel, everybody retired to their rooms and knocked out. Including Emmy and me. 

She was so tired that I had a hard time waking her up when we had to leave for the airport. Or maybe that was because I wasn't trying too hard to wake her up, more so to kiss her all over. 

Eventually, she woke up, we got dressed, packed up our things, and then headed out. It was so early that breakfast wasn't even open yet, so we decided we'd grab something at the airport. 

Once we arrived at the airport, we all sat together until it was time for us to board our flights and then said our goodbyes. Our families were flying back home, save the exception of Remy and Aspen who were flying to Barcelona for their honeymoon. 

With one stopover, our flight was incredibly long and tiring and since both of us have a hard time sleeping on airplanes, it's safe to say we were irritated by the time we landed. We arrived in New York at nine in the morning, feeling dead. 

"You're coming with me, right?" I asked her, carrying our bags towards the exit but not leaving just yet. I'd have to call for my car. 

She hummed, rubbing her eyes. I glanced at her while taking my phone out, dialing Joshua's number. She grabbed my free arm, hugging it and resting her head against it. 

I took a quick look around, feeling anxious now. This wasn't Marbella, we're back in New York, I'm right back under the spotlight here, and the people pointing at me and taking their phones out is reminding me exactly of that. "Are you here yet?" I asked immediately as Josh answered the phone. 

"Almost. I'm reaching your gate, give me five minutes." 

"Hurry, Josh. There are people here," I mumbled. I felt Emilia stiffen beside me, now wide awake. She tilted her head to look at me and I almost wanted to apologize to her. 

"I'm coming, hold on. Don't come out till you see the car, okay?" He hung up before I could answer and I tucked my phone away. 

"Sorry," I whispered to her, putting my arms around her, pulling her into me. 

She paused before putting her arms around my torso. "It's okay. I knew what I was walking into," she mumbled. 

I leaned down, kissing the top of her head. She lifted her head, looking at me again. I knew what she was thinking from the look on her face. "Yeah, your pictures might be taken too. Your face might be in any article with me. They're taking pictures of us together. Is that okay with you? If you want, I'll try my best to keep your name and face out of the papers." 

She paused in thought. "Are you mine?" she asked suddenly. 

"Of course, I am," I replied.