25. Content

After a month of thinking, Buck decided it was best to break up instead of moving in. It was hard, but Cam was understanding. Buck was still finding out who he is and what he wanted in life. He doesn't have a stable income job yet, and has little siblings who depend on him to be home.

Soon enough Buck completed and passed his training at the academy. He even scored well on the book work. His parents were proud of their amazing son. He had successfully beaten the odds.

The night after Buck's first shift Bobby cooked a dinner for his family. Once everyone settled and the kids went to bed he went and sat out on the back patio.

He stared up at the moon and stars in the sky taking in the moment. He smiled and took a sip of his iced tea.

His mind went through his core memories with his oldest son. The house fire, the hospital introduction, the kid moving in with him and then the two becoming a family of three with Athena. Buck driving him crazy getting into trouble at school. Bobby chuckled as a wave of those memories passed in his mind. He wouldn't trade them for the world.

He remembered Buck coming out, his first relationship with a boy, Allen. He briefly wondered where the kid was now. The Friday night football games he attended whenever he didn't work. He wished he could watch him play one more time, he looked so happy with his team.

Bobby was pushed out of his thoughts once he heard the sliding door open. He glanced over to it seeing his beautiful partner.

"What are you out here thinking about?" Athena sounded a bit worried. It wasn't every night she noticed Bobby staring at the sky on the back porch with a drink in his hand.

Bobby smiled sipping his tea again. "Just everything. How Buck changed me into who I am. Where would I be without that kid?" He asked aloud.

Athena hugged him tightly. "Where would we be?" She pondered. "He's the one who built this family and he doesn't even know it."

Bobby teared up a bit. "He's all grown up Thena. He did so good today." He tucked his head into her shoulder.

"Course he did. We raised him well Bobby. He was given love and support and help when he needed it from us, from you."

Bobby tried to pull himself together. "Its so unreal that he's 19. It's been 10 years. I've had my boy for a decade but I remember sitting in the ICU like it was yesterday trying to convince a scared little boy to trust me."

"Speaking of the past. I found a lead on Maddie." Athena said causing Bobby to quickly stop his reminiscing in his emotions and blinking blankly at her. "She's alive as of 3 months ago."

"Are you going to tell Buck?" Bobby questioned wiping his eyes.

She shrugged an unsure look crossed her face. "What should I do? I don't want to get the kids hopes up, but it's his sister. He just started a new chapter in his life, and I'm about to drag him back to the very beginning when she was present in it."

Bobby took a deep breath. "It could be triggering for him."

"Exactly, and I don't even know if the lead will go anywhere, it's old. I don't want him worrying that she's out in the world hurting if I can't find her again." Athena stated putting the full blame on herself.

"That's crazy, it's not your fault at all. Let's just see if you can even follow up on the lead and go from there."

~~

Athena worked hard to find her, she started putting in overtime and having credit card numbers ran along with checking and rechecking security cameras. She was determined to find her.

Bobby continued to ease his son into work. The team working together and Hen and Chim being patient but still bullying him as he was the Probie.

Bobby sat in his office and watched as his team restocked and washed the truck together. He smiled contently noticing how much happier Buck had become in the past month. This is where he's supposed to be.

~~

AN: fun fact I'm really bad at endings. Anyways I'll post something on here when the first chapter of the sequel is posted so you all can find it. Thanks for reading. :)