Chapter 40: For The Dancing And The Dreaming

[The dragon's den.]

Hiccup: Mom, you'd never recognize it. Where we used to make weapons, we now build saddles, wing slings -- we even fix dragon teeth. You wouldn't believe how much everything's changed.

Stoick: Your son's changed Berk for the better. I think we did well with this one, Val.

Hiccup: Thanks, Dad.

Hiccup warmed his heart seeing his parents together on-screen.

[Valka drops the fish. Cloudjumper eats it before Toothless can.]

Stoick: Oh, ha-ha. I got it.

[Cloudjumper regurgitates some of it for Toothless.]

Hiccup: Okay, that's disgusting.

Valka: I'm... a little out of practice.

Stoick: Well, y'know... I didn't marry you for your cooking.

Ellie stands up from her seat flipping a random table in the process earning attention from the Vikings and Dragons.

Ellie: WHAT'S WITH YOU HADDOCKS MARRYING WOMEN WHO CAN'T COOK?!?!?!

Stoick's face turned red while Hiccup was confused. Astrid's mother sighed.

Ingrid: I guess I'll need to teach Astrid how to cook.

Astrid froze.

Gobber: I hope not, her meatballs could kill more beasts than a battle axe. I've still got a few knocking around in here. Ha-ha.

[Gobber takes a bite, grimaces in disgust, and feeds the rest of his plate to Grump.]

Valka: I guess she has a point.

Hiccup: And once you move back in, with all your dragons, Drago won't stand a chance. Everything will be okay!

Stoick: Slow down, son. It's a lot to take in.

Hiccup: Oh, gotcha.

[Stoick begins to whistle "For the Dancing and the Dreaming".]

Gobber: Oh, I love this one!

Sugar Plum Cookie: It's such a sweet melody.

Clara: Unless Gobber interrupted.

Hiccup: What are you doing, Dad?

Valka: I remember this song.

Hiccup: Dad?

No one dared to answer the heir.

Stoick: Remember our song, Val? I'll swim and sail on savage seas, with ne'er a fear of drowning. And gladly ride the waves of life, if you will marry me. No scorching sun, nor freezing cold will stop-

Gobber: Will stop me on my journey!-- Sorry.

[Hiccup and Stoick both glare at Gobber.]

Clara: Called it!

Stoick: If you will promise me your heart... And love...

Everyone moves closer to the screen waiting for Valka's response.

Valka: And love me for eternity.

Most of them cheered for her.

Valka (cont.): My dearest one, my darling dear, your mighty words astound me. But I've no need of mighty deeds, when I feel your arms around me.

Clara: If any of you wants to dance, please head to the front!

Stoick: But I would bring you rings of gold I'd even sing you poetry-

Valka: Oh, would you?

Everyone went to the front of the theater and starts to dance.

Stoick (cont.): And I would keep you from all harm If you would stay here beside me.

Hiccup: Care for a dance?

Hiccup led out his hand asking his girlfriend to dance. Astrid accepted and they started dancing.

Valka: I have no use for rings of gold. I care not for your poetry. I only want your hand to hold.

Stoick: I only want you near me!

Everything in their mind goes faster.

Stoick and Valka: To love to kiss, to sweetly hold. For the dancing and the dreaming. Through all life's sorrows and delights, I'll keep your love inside me. I'll swim and sail on savage seas, with ne'er a fear of drowning. And gladly ride the waves of life if you will marry me!

Everyone cheered once the song was done. Most of the Dragons however covered their ears for the continuation by the blacksmith himself.

Gobber: Me-eee-e! I'm still goin'... (Hiccup elbows Gobber) I'm done.

Clara: Gobber, you need to stop that. You almost sing as bad as the Terrors.

Gobber: Oi! Why would you?!

Stoick: Ah... I thought I'd have to die before we'd have that dance again.

Valka: No need for drastic measures.

Stoick: For you, my dear... anything. Will you come home, Val? Will you be my wife once again? We can be a family! What do you say?

Valka: (laughs) Yes!

Everyone cheered that Valka accepted.

Gobber: Great! I'll do the cooking!

[They all laugh.]

Everyone laughed as they went back to their seats.

Stoick: Thank Odin you didn't listen to me, son. We never would have found each other.

[Toothless growls.]

Hiccup: Toothless? What's happening?

Everyone starts to confuse what was happening.

[The Dragon's nest is under attack by Drago and his men.]

Everyone gasped that Drago and his army arrived.

Hiccup: Oh, no...

Stoick: Val! It's all right, it's all right. We're a team now. Now, what do you want to do?

Valka: We have to save the dragons.

Stoick: Aye. You got it! Come on, son.

Astrid: Alright!