Chapter Seven: Escape Plan

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

I wake up first, Tatiana is still knocked out, taking up half of my bed. I head downstairs, walking into the kitchen to Alec leaned against the counter.

"Good morning" He clears his throat, eating cereal. Is that Lucky Charms? I turn around, a laugh slipping through my lips. "What?" He tilts his head, trying to understand why I'm laughing.

"Nothing, I just wouldn't have thought that a big bad mafia leader would like lucky charms." I laugh even harder, my face probably turning red.

"Ha Ha, whatever." I watch as he eats the cereal and I think right about now I would like to be one of those lucky charms.

"Mrs. Alonzo sends her apology. She had a family emergency and needs to travel back to the DR. She said she will see you when she gets back." I'm going to miss her.

"Okay."

"What are you doing today?" He adds and I lean back on the counter, finally drinking my water. "Well me and Tati are going out tonight." He looks up, clearing his throat.

"No you guys can't tonight." My head jerks back a little. "And why not." I fire back. Who did he think he was? Telling me what to do.

"Because I said so. Most of my men have to accompany me to a business meeting tonight so I won't have people to watch you." Do I look like a child? I walk to the edge of the island, standing across from him.

What does that have to do with me?

"I don't care. You don't get to tell me what I can and can't do." I spit. There's a hint of amusement oozing off of him as he places his food in the sink, walking back over to stand in front of me. I cross my arms, not feeding into his bullshit.

He steps forward, placing his body so close to mine we're basically breathing in the same air. His hands find the island behind me, trapping me. My head lifts his eyes drifting to my lips but I'm not foolish enough to believe he wants me.

And there it is.

I couldn't breathe. Again. My body felt numb completely taken over by whatever dark matter he uses on me. "As long as you are under my protection. I do dictate what you can and can not do." I glare back at him. "You. Are. Not. Going. And that's final, butterfly." He moves closer with each word, furthering my lungs from doing their actual job.

"I hate you." I spit as he backs up, walking away. "Mhm okay." he murmurs, smiling at me.

Which only fueled my anger.

The door slammed behind me as I barged to my room. "AYY, what's the big idea?" Tatiana groans, waking up. I pace in my routine, mumbling to myself in spanish.

"Rose. Words." She waves her hands. "Words I can understand." She hops out of bed, wiping her eyes. "He said we can't go out." She laughs as if that's the funniest thing she'd been told. "ok and?"