Chapter Twenty-Five: Fallout

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

≪•◦ 🦋 ◦•≫

We get in the car and it's silent.

Not a word.

I turn to say something and see his jaw clenched. His fist around the wheel tightens, I chose to stay silent. We get to the airport and the whole time, he's not speaking to me.

Tatiana gets on the plane and sits next to me. Alec follows and he leads us to the back of the plane into the room I've been in before.

"Stay in this room, I have some business that needs to be taken care of." He says, while ushering us in. I just stand there as Alec doesn't make any contact with me.

He won't even look at me. My eyes begin to water as he walks out the door. "He's going to leave me." I whisper.

"Don't say that." Tatiana says from across the room. I sit next to her and lay my head down on her lap. "I never meant to make him mad, I just didn't want to be seen as some monster."

She runs her hands through my hair. "Knowing what he does, why didn't you just tell him? She asks, I shrug my shoulders, wiping my tears. "I don't know. I just didn't want to lose him." I soon fall asleep on her lap, tears slowly streaming down my face.

"You're sure that this is over? No one should be looking for her right?" I need to make sure this doesn't happen again

"Yes, we are good." Damien had taken some of the men in Mexico. They would be doing business with me for now on and if they didn't want to, they died.

It's quiet for a second and I turn my head to Damien. He looks up at me and says nothing. "You knew." I ask. "I'm sorry but that wasn't my story to tell, don't be too hard on her." He asks, going back to what he was doing.

"I'm just confused. The Rosalina I grew up wit-"

"You haven't truly seen her at her worst. I once had to pry knifes out her hands. She's killed bloodlines, powerful people's kids, she was like a weapon to Dante. It wasn't until she got in too deep that she realized what he was doing to her."