two - dirty pogue .

The following morning found the Pogues at various levels of hungover and half-asleep

The following morning found the Pogues at various levels of hungover and half-asleep. Rylee stirred at the tell-tale sound of John B moving around the Château. Kie was asleep in the pull out bed with her, one leg slung lazily across Rylee's body as they snoozed. Rylee's normal bed was taken when she got home the night prior by JJ and some leggy blonde, who he was still with. She could hear JJ holler at John B to get out of the room as the brunette stumbled by sleepily. He closed the door behind him and headed out into the living room.

"Morning Kie," John B greeted Kiara, who lazily threw up a peace sign, "Morning Ry-Ry."

"Morning," the girls mumbled out in reply.

Rylee watched somberly through half-hooded eyes as John B started longingly at a picture of his parents. She sighed and patted Kiara's leg to encourage her to untangle their limbs, and Kiara complied after offering Rylee a hit of her Juul, which Rylee waved off.

Rylee scanned the living room for some of her clothes, though most of what she kept here was safely stowed in the room JJ was currently busy in. She found a light blue t-shirt that looked like it probably belonged to Pope, giving it a quick sniff check before pulling it on over her bikini top.

After slipping into the first pair of her shoes she could find, Rylee followed John B as he trekked out to the hammock in front of his house. She could hear the rooster crowing from the chicken coop on the other side of the yard, and she stopped to kiss Pope's forehead. He was sleeping on the patio furniture on the back porch, forced to use the cushions as a blanket. He groaned and wiped off the kiss.

John B spread out on the hammock, one hand clutching the brown beer bottle he had just opened. Rylee sat down on the ground beside the hammock wordlessly, rocking it back and forth distractedly as John B stared out at nothing in particular.

"DCFS today," He said thoughtfully, speaking more to himself than he was to Rylee.

Rylee pulled her knees into her chest, resting her chin on top of her kneecaps, "Anything I can do?" She asked quietly, "Want me to dress up like Uncle T? Give me a cigarette or two and I think I could really nail his mannerisms."