Trick or Threat

Chapter 3: A Trick Or Threat

Sakura was starting to get familiar with how things worked here so when the whole bay shook in a consistent rhythm, it meant one thing, another giant.

She thought she wouldn't get surprised anymore after all she had seen but damn! That human was so massive she was wondering if he actually existed in reality. His body covered half of her view of the sky. She couldn't see anything beyond him.

"FIRE! SHOOT IT!" The marines started shooting at him from many different directions.

"Break through the blockade of warships!" The pirates happiness told her that he was an ally and she was starting to be glad they at least had someone to compare.

The green skinned pirate, surrounded by skulls on his neck, big horns on each ear, destroyed one of the warships in half with his sword.

"Ace-kun!" His voice boomed loud and clear that she believed if he screamed, her eardrums will probably burst out.

"Alright, go! Little Oars Junior!"

Sakura was thankful she was at the center of the battlefield because it made it easy for her to gather information from both sides.

"He's the descendant of the continent-puller, Oars."

A descendant? There are more of these? It seemed human being this big might be common around here.

"He's enormous! Far larger than an ordinary giant."

Maybe not this one.

"Don't let him into the bay! He's trying to breach our defenses."

Her lips stretched into a smirk, they can finish them off now.

"Ace-kun is a nice guy. I ain't lettin' ya kill him." His eyes narrowed in animosity.

"Hurry to the executions!"

Sakura was so close to the plaza that more soldiers poured out from the entrance to surround her. The sudden tip of a sword shoved into her focus forced her to bend backwards, her palm supporting her weight and with both her feet, she held the blade inbetween, diving it straight into the ice. Her leg still on the hilt, she stroked her fists upwards, knocking the guy in the chin. Her wet hair swayed, sticking to her forehead and cheeks as she pushed the strands behind her ear even when she knew it was fruitless.

"They're targeting Little Oars junior!"

Her ferocity were making the marines back away, not able to approach. Like Rock Lee, one of her best friends, she beckoned them closer. With one arm behind her back and her finger curled in, using his trademark. She didn't know what devil fruit they might have and since she was new in this world, she didn't want to approach first.

"Stopping that thing is our duty." The rest of the giants were tip toeing away from Sakura, heading toward Little Oars junior. She was starting to regret not killing the rest.

Their leader is smart. She acknowledged his wise move to protect his little giants. If he didn't, she would have killed them all leaving none to stop Oars. He thinks ahead.