Reunion

Chapter 14: Reunion

They sat across each other in the room of the war meeting. It was cleared up with only sixteen chairs and a large rectangular table. A board hang near the wall with chalk resting at the bottom shelf, waiting to be used. Marco walked in with a tray and two cups of coffee, setting the first with Sasuke then Sakura. He glanced at her serious but rather relaxed expression. She thanked him with a small smile and he nodded, leaving as fast as he came. Sakura drummed the table with her nails, deciding to break the silence.

"Kaguya said she killed you? What happened?" Sakura asked softly. She never believed a word she said but he was still the man she loved, she couldn't help but be concerned about his whereabouts regardless. A part of her swirled in relief seeing him okay.

"Hn... I figured as much." Sasuke's index finger curled around the handle of the cup, scooping it up to his lips to sip. Sakura noticed how he wasn't wary. On any other day, he would have never touched that cup, claiming how it could be poisoned. Is this a warning? Is he giving a message of how he can't be harmed? She briefly side glanced at the door where she felt the chakra of the pirates. She sweatdropped at the thought of them eavesdropping in her conversation. She can sense five of them, Marco, Izo, Ace and Rakuyo (the fifth person, she wasn't familiar with). Don't they know if I can sense them then he can too? A small sigh escaped her lips. Maybe she should have let them know.

"I assume Naruto never got the message if you are here." He set the cup down on the saucer without making a single dent. Sakura flinched, averting her eyes down to her feet. He must have figured out she intercepted the message.

"Otherwise-" Her head snapped at Sasuke's. "-he would also have this."

His arm slipped behind his back, rampage through his holster and pulled a folded paper. He unwinded it, showing a poster of Sakura's bounty. She shifted uncomfortably, knowing where this was headed.

"What's the meaning of this?" He tapped at her picture. "What about shinobi discretion didn't you understand? How can you cause this much trouble in the few weeks you have been here? You were not supposed to be involved in other people's affairs. I thought you knew better. This is something I expected from Naruto, not from you."

Sakura, flustered, waved her hand, stuttering to come with an explanation. She hated being reprimanded by Sasuke because he was right. "I-I d-didn't have a choice! I ended up in the middle of a war on my first day and, well, I- who would think they were in a different... you know."

He blinked, not adding anything more but she swore he was judging her mercilessly in his head. She rubbing her hands together, pleading for mercy and smiling nervously.

"What's done is done." He closed his eyes briefly before opening them again, all the monotone words turned into a darker, serious note."I have more pressing matters to talk to you about. We have to go back to Konoha."

Sasuke's sudden order had her nervousness disappear. Did something happen to her village? But most importantly... he knew how? It felt like a weight lifted off her shoulders. With Sasuke here, her hope was restored and she felt a blissful happiness at the thought. She nodded, willing to go back if possible. Although she would have to discuss it with the Whitebeard Pirates first before she goes right ahead. She knew they would agree to let her go. They were kind people. "What happened?"

"You want them to listen in our conversation?" Sasuke's head nudged at the door.

Sakura felt their chakra spike and she almost facepalmed. Why would they even try? "They wouldn't understand what it's about."