A New Beginning

Chapter 10: The Ending of a New Beginning

"I came to end this war."

Sakura couldn't believe her ears. Did she hear this right? This forsaken war will end? He can stop it? That was impossible. Nothing she said mattered when she tried so how would he do it?

"The skirmish between Yonkou Kaidou and Red Hair was just a few days ago in the New World! He made it all the way here already?" The soldiers reaction told her he wasn't supposed to be here.

He walked past her to take Luffy's straw hat and dusted it off. She didn't notice it falling when she was running away.

"Sh-Shanks?" A clown, she never seen before, seemed shocked to see him. His body divided into multiple parts but Sakura wasn't surprised. After everything she been through, this was normal. "W-What are you doing here?"

"Buggy!" Shanks tossed the hat to him.

"Y-Your straw hat?"

His hat? That's Luffy's.

"Give it to Luffy." Veins popped out on Buggy's forehead, annoyed at being ordered around. "Why do I have to do that! I refuse! I was in the middle of doing a magnificent fade-out from this war! Do you think I'm gonna keep drawing attention to myself?"

I didn't see this clown around yet he talks as if he's part of this war. Sakura shook her head, she can tell he does his circus all by himself.

"Luffy already left so I'll give it to him." Sakura suggested and Buggy was more than willing to throw it at her, giving away his burden. She caught it, taking in the details of the stitches. Her finger rubbed the red ribbon on it lightly.

"I see..." Shanks stared at her curiously, titling his head.

Luffy... she brought it close to her chest, hugging the hat. The way they parted had her unease. Her lips pressed together when she recalled his desperate words.

"If... I don't fight here. If... I can't save Ace... I'll end up wanting to die! Give me the power to fight!"

If only Jinbei was conscious when she took him, she would have relayed the truth. She hardened her resolve and placed the Strawhat around her neck, the way Luffy had. I have to find that Law guy before Luffy does anything foolish.

Sakura took a step forward and the moment she did, her world started to spin around, stamina depriving. She clutched her knees for support, panting. There's still people to heal so I can't rest yet.

"Are you okay?" Shanks asked, outstretching his palms for her. She grabbed it and the moment she did, the black markings slipped into his skin. He let go as fast, backing away quickly in defense.

"Sorry, that's my-" She was cut off by growling. She can feel the presence of the man behind her standing up. It was strange, how she could feel every little moves he makes almost as if she had another eye. Why can I feel the presence of more people coming? Her charka signature have never been this precise before. It's almost overwhelming.

"Pink hair, you scum. You let Dragon's son escape!" Akainu's reply came out slurred and slightly misplaced. His glare maniacally, melting his jaw in place.