Burn Wounds are Harder to Heal

Chapter 6: Burn Wounds are Harder to Heal

Whitebeard's appearance in the battleground felt different, powerful. Sakura, at that moment, could tell it was a gamechanger. The way he held himself was nothing she have seen before. All he needed was to point his weapon at the plaza for all the pirates to go nuts with motivation. "Open a path for our oyaji!"

"Don't let them advance. Fire!" They fired cannonballs towards Whitebeard and he, like before, just punched nothing, letting air branch out. It deflected the gunpowder back to them, giving them a taste of their own medicine.

What kind of ability is that? The amount of odd ability just kept coming. Nobody in konoha would believe her if she retold what happened to her. Sakura let her grip go, taking off. She was part of them now and she will save Ace even if her life depends on it.

But first, where is Luffy? She promised she would protect him so the fact she can't find his little strawhat had her worried. Her attention got distracted when she realized there weren't any marines nearby. When did it become this empty? She looked at their fortress and found thousands of them climbing up the stairs. The marines used their guns and cannons to control their position. This is not good!

Some of the pirates were getting injured that Sakura had to go towards the nearest patient. "Let me check."

"Just keep moving forward Pink Hair... it's just a scratch. Ace's life comes first, we are second!" The pirate pushed her hand away, his resolve and those around him had her torn apart but she respected his wishes.

"Okay but you have to take care of yourself until the war ends." Sakura reluctantly let go, making another promise in her head. If they all survived, she would heal them.

Far ahead, the last giant that lived came at the center. With the amount of pirates that were heading towards the plaza, his attack was doomed to fail. He was doing a good number on the inexperienced, smaller pirates until he decided to go for Whitebeard. His sword was stopped with Whitebeard's bisento, warding it off easily with one arm as if it weighted nothing. He then he dug his hand on the air, the chromatic corner of his fingers quaked when he pulled. Sakura lost her footing, the whole island tilted.

You've got to be kidding me! Sakura used charka in her hand and shoved it inside the ice to grab on something, her body lifting off the ice. Oh... my... fucking... God. There was a lot of shocking things in this world but this by far was the worst. It wasn't just the island she was on, the whole sea was split apart as if there were multiple different layers. There were ships on seas that were horizontal and slanted. The wave of water came in full force, splashing everyone, who weren't holding on, away. She spat out the water, slamming down. Some of the ice were breaking apart and the buildings of the Navy were crumbling to bits. She didn't know what other view she will get if she was in a different part but it took a while for the shaking to settle down. Is Luffy safe?

She didn't know what happened but an attack from their side traveled through the Navy's walls, heading towards Ace. It had to be Whitebeard. Just how much strength does he have? The dust had risen up the surface, blinding them from seeing the execution platform but once it cleared up, it was safe... the 3 admirals saved it from breaking.

Damn it! Sakura got off the ground, running along the third division pirates who were mad that their plan failed. Pushing her pink strands of her face, she saw Luffy few feets away from entering the plaza.