59 - Finally

Disentangling our bodies, I walk in Dean's direction, further away from Dylan

"Go to the car," he nods to his side. A few meters down, there's a run-down car. Probably the one he came in with, but we were both so immersed in our talk that we didn't notice him arriving.

With a last glance back, I look at Dylan. Hands clenched into fists at his sides with a ticking jaw. He's itching to lunge and beat the shit out of Dean, I am sure of it. My body is also begging me to walk back into his embrace instead but I just need to buy us time, to distract Dean so we can take that damned gun off of his hands.

"Dean," I call to him.

I don't know what the hell I am doing, but something's got to give.

Anything.

"To the car," he grits, unwavering.

Fuck.

I take a deep breath to try and get my shit together.

"Only if you come with." My voice is shaky but loud enough for both of them to hear. Dylan's face contorts but I try to focus on Dean instead. I need to take his attention off of him.

"I need to make sure he doesn't follow us."

"Of course," I agree. "But you could come closer to the car, listen to me turn it on. That way you could get in and drive right away. No need to harm anyone."

Dean tilts his head, studying me and my heart speeds up. It's cold out here, I know it is. But with the amount of stress I am feeling, I am sweating all around.

"Go to the car, turn it on and I'll follow right after," he orders with a slight nod of the gun towards the car before focusing his attention back on Dylan.

I nod and comply, even if with some reluctance. The car is far from the both of them, still within their sight. It's close to the sidewalk, on my father's house side. Rounding the car, I open the passenger door but stop when I notice something weird behind me.

Right on the curb, there's a shadow.

A dark figure.

"What are you waiting for?" Dean snaps, bringing my attention back to them.

With a slight jump, I get in and close the door. The shadow by the curve moves slightly, giving me just enough of a glimpse to understand it's my father.

Instant relief washes over me.

The key is still in the ignition but before I turn the car on I make sure the lights are off. The headlights are opposite but the ones from the back would be enough to expose him. The loud sound of the motor roars to life as soon as I twist the key.

Stretching my arm, I push the button to open the driver's window and yell, "You can come in now!"

From the glass, separating me from Dylan I watch as Dean walks backwards, keeping his gun aiming at Dylan, forcing him to stay away while he walks back. He stumbles a couple of times, but never enough to waver his attention from him.