Anthony

Dearest Gentle Reader,

It has come to this author's attention that Miss Penelope Featherington, most recently described by Mister Colin Bridgerton as unmarriageable was seen at Lord and Lady Cowper's looking lovely in a dress that was decidedly not yellow. Usually found at the edge of the ballroom with the dowagers and spinsters, Miss Featherington was seen dancing with Viscount Bridgerton, Mr. Benedict Bridgerton, the Duke of Hastings and surprisingly the merry rake himself Mr. Michael Sterling who has only recently returned from Scotland. Perhaps Mr. Stirling is through with sowing his wild oats and has come to London to finally find himself a wife. Judging by the close way he held his dance partner its seems as if Miss Penelope Featherington may be at the top of that list. Although Miss Featherington is indeed a wallflower, this with author believes it is only a matter of time before this wallflower blooms.
Yours Sincerely,

Lady Whistledown

"What are you ladies giggling about," asked Anthony as he entered into the drawing room and found Eloise, Hyacinth and his fiancé Kate sitting on the sofa looking at a piece of paper. At the sound of his voice Kate looked up and quickly hid the paper behind her back.

"Nothing dearest," she trilled with a smile.

"Then why are you hiding it behind your back?" teased Anthony as he tried to grab the paper that she was trying to keep out of his grasp.

"Fine, here," said Kate when she realized that he would stop at nothing to retrieve it including tickling her, which she absolutely abhorred.

Anthony smiled at his soon to be wife before giving her a small kiss to the cheek while Hyacinth and Eloise groaned. They were clearly tired of his and Kate's constant displays of affection.

"You are not going to like it brother," chirped Hyacinth gleefully from her spot on the sofa.

Ignoring his sister, Anthony sat in a nearby chair and read what was Lady Whistledown's latest column. He was aware of Kate, Eloise's and Hyacinth's stares as he read the latest gossip. Once finished he looked up and let out a rather ungentlemanly "Bugger!"

"Language, Anthony," admonished his mother as she entered the drawing room with Benedict following behind closely her. "I do not want you speaking that way in front of the children," said his mother as he gestured towards Gregory and Hyacinth were
giggling at their brother. They had indeed heard worse language from him.

"My apologies mother," replied Anthony sheepishly. Although he was the viscount and the head of the household, his mother was always able to put him in his place.

"What has you in a mood brother?" asked Benedict as he sat between Eloise and Hyacinth on the sofa and quickly stole a biscuit from Eloise's plate who in turn smacked him on the arm.

"Read this," said Anthony as he handed the gossip sheet to his younger brother.

"Oh dear," said Benedict.

"It cannot be that bad," said Violet before taking the sheet from her son and reading it. "Oh, how wonderful. Why do you think that this is unwelcome news Anthony? This is surely a boon for Penelope, especially after what Colin said about her."

Anthony sighed. His mother clearly did not understand Mr. Stirling or his reputation. When they were at Eton, Michael Stirling had an insatiable appetite for the young ladies. Anthony who was known as one of the ton's biggest rakes paled in comparison to Michael Stirling. The amount of widows and unhappy wives that threw themselves at Stirling was astounding, not to mention servants, actresses, opera singers and bar maids. When he had seen Mr. Stirling dancing with Miss Featherington at the Cowper's ball, he had instantly become worried. A worry that was shared by both his brother Benedict and his brother-in-law the Duke of Hastings. They too, knew of Stirling's reputation and were concerned about his intentions with Miss Featherington.