Anthony/Benedict/Michael

5 weeks later.

Benedict was in his room spying on Eloise through the window that overlooked their garden. She was smoking again. Benedict chuckled. His sister was bold as Anthony and his new viscountess had just returned from their honeymoon not even a week ago. If Anthony were to catch her, she would be in a great deal of trouble. Just then, there was a knock at the door and before he could say anything his brother stormed in.

"Ah, Anthony! What do I owe the pleasure?" asked Benedict as he moved away from the window so that his elder brother would not see Eloise.

"Stirling is back in town. He would like us to meet us at Mondrich's for a drink if you are able," said Anthony. Michael Stirling had stayed in England for several months and had become fast friends with the Bridgertons as well as Penelope Featherington. Indeed, almost all of the ton believed them to be courting and that Michael would be proposing to her any day, however Michael and Penelope were nothing more than good friends. He had needed to travel back to Scotland to oversee some matters at the Kilmartin estate but had promised to return as soon as he could.

"Of course. I would love to see him," replied Colin. "Have you heard anything from Colin Ant?"

Anthony shook his head. "Not since his letter saying that he would be traveling to Greece. I wonder if he has even received our letters. He has not replied to them. It seems our plan was for naught."

Benedict frowned. He, Anthony, Michael, and Hyacinth had come up with a plan attempting to get Colin to return to England. But then Colin had ruined their plans and had traveled back to Greece and did not give them an address of where he would be staying. Needless to say, they had been frustrated with their brother.

"Well, we see what happens when he comes home," said Benedict before putting on his coat and following his brother out the door.

When they arrived at Mondrich's they quickly found Michael nursing a whiskey in his usual corner of the club. "Stirling!" shouted Benedict as he embraced the gentlemen who had become his dear friend.

"It is good to see you both," replied Michael. "Come have a seat, the first round is on me!"

They all proceeded to get rip roaring drunk as they caught up with one another.

"And how is Penelope?" asked Michael. "I have not yet had a chance to call on her."

"She is well," said Benedict. "She was over for tea yesterday and seemed very excited that you were coming home."

"Yes, I have missed her," said Michael fondly. Benedict thought he seemed slightly forlorn. "Have you heard from Colin yet?"

Anthony scowled. "Only that he left Albania after a month and then traveled to Greece. We have not been able to get in touch with him, but he is due home soon."

Michael chuckled. "All of our planning and scheming was for nothing. I gave your sister twenty pounds!"

Anthony and Benedict chuckled as they thought of Hyacinth. In order to involve her in their scheming she had demanded that they each pay her twenty pounds. Anthony had been furious as he had already given her twenty to write the first letter and now was out forty pounds for a plan that did not even work. Their sister was indeed a devious girl.

"I am truly scared for the man that takes it upon himself to marry Hyacinth," laughed Benedict.

Anthony looked around the club and then down at his pocket watch. "Well gentlemen, I should be getting back. I told Kate that I would not be out for too long." Benedict and Michael smiled. They knew that Anthony wanted to get home to his beloved wife who was secretly expecting their first child.